Bumper Sag

mitssan

Observer
Thanks Mike. If I have a chance to jack the front up in the next couple days I'll snap a photo of that. I'm assuming the upper control arm may hit on the spring bucket as a result of the spacer? I have seen spacers up to 3 inches for our trucks, however I've noticed that most of the guys on this board only run the 2" spacers. Actually, it seems that most people on this board run the correct springs and shocks as opposed to spacers.

I'm also assuming that contact between the spacer and the bucket will only occur when I have a front wheel in the air (or near being in the air). May will be my first time in MOAB, and my first time wheeling this truck. My pajero always had a wheel in the air offraod, but I'm expecting the longer Frontier to be a little more grounded. What is more improtant for Moab, approach angle/clearence or hearing a "clunk" when I lift a wheel? If there is contact between the bucket and the UCA is there a risk of damage?

Eventually I'd like to get the PRG UCAs but I just don't have the budget for it. I like the idea of the added down travel, especially since the front diff is open.

spencerswahoos

Observer
If you are worried about coil bucket contact with a spacer, a low profile button bumpstop on the bottom side of the UCA will help dampen the clunk.

Here's a pic of one from energy suspension
bumpstop.jpg

sorry the dang pic is so small, couldn't figure out how to make it any larger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke