Overland Expo: Official Daily Update Thread

Scott Brady

Founder
Jeremy and I just arrived at Amado Ranch to drop off the safari tent and put together a plan for set-up. The venue is beautiful and perfect outlet for this type of event. I can see why Roseann picked it.

We stopped for lunch at the Cow Palace. What a great name.
24989_432286933274_640113274_5574463_6912733_n.jpg

One thing we are particularly excited about is the test display of Overland Journal on the iPad. For those who want to stop by the booth and check out the not-yet-released spring issue and give some feedback on the presentation, just stop by. We would really appreciate your thoughts on a digital version.

More photos and updates tomorrow!

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
You're right -- it's a great location. I stopped by earlier this morning to drop some 'stuff' off for Roseann -- beautiful setting for the event.

I also received a text message from a friend who is on the road today (work related). He is seeing a lot of 'expo' type vehicles -- all but one headed south . . .

It's going to be a great weekend!

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
OX2010 show specials

Overland Journal will be having some "show specials" going on for purchases made on-site at the 2010 Overland Expo. This will include:
  • Subscriptions
  • Back-issues
  • Hats
  • Shirts
  • Decals
  • Mugs
Stop by our awesome safari tent (from Exclusive Tents) to say hi and hang out. We're really excited about this year's event. And yes - the venue is awesome!

Rexsname

Explorer
The Overland JK is detailed and ready, the Chaser will be finished in the morning and the ARB 4Runner will be detailed right after that.

REX

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I'm just driving my dirty 4Runner down. No time for fluffing. :elkgrin:

I am just coming down for Friday and do not plan to bring the KK trailer unless someone wants to see it. I can tow it down if there is interest.

Chazz Layne

Administrator
We would really appreciate your thoughts on a digital version.

Would this be an optional addition to the subscription? My copy is often sitting in my mailbox for weeks before I'm able to swing by and get it, I would LOVE to be able to get a digital copy sooner (as long as I don't have to give up the printed one). :D

stonehenge

Observer
Would this be an optional addition to the subscription? My copy is often sitting in my mailbox for weeks before I'm able to swing by and get it, I would LOVE to be able to get a digital copy sooner (as long as I don't have to give up the printed one). :D

X2, option? this would be great.

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
if you put overland journal on the ipad, you will solidify my decision to buy an ipad.

Looking forward to all the pics in this thread!

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Pinzgauer at the Overland Expo

I'll be there with the Pinzgauer...:smiley_drive:

Thread

See you there! :victory:

safari%20copy.gif

Scott Brady

Founder
A beautiful morning in Amado, temps in the low 70s and we are making progress on the framework for the tent.

(iPhone shot)
24989_432606523274_640113274_5580268_8369526_n.jpg

A few of the trucks we brought down for the show.

J8 - Diesel, RHD, Night Vision
110- Diesel, Doormobile Conversion
Overland JK- AEV goodness, ARB rack, tent and awning
24989_432606928274_640113274_5580278_2504651_n.jpg

People are starting to show, including Tom Collins and Duncan Barbour (Camel Trophy), Graham and Connie Jackson, etc.

Good times!

Scott Brady

Founder

We are testing presentation on the iPad and working on functional requirements for display and interactivity. Our goal for the Overland Expo preview, is to get feedback from our subscribers on the reading experience and presentation quality on that device. If we decide to proceed, it will be available through iTunes only.

More details in the next few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles