Flashooters M416 Expo/Camping trailer build

RockLimo

What length axle did you go with for your trailer?
I am planning on using the same axle with FJ rims also and want to make sure i am going wide enough. I am thinking 57 inch hub face to hub face with 39 inch spring perches.

Thanks
Dave
Little update....

LID:
Fabbed up our own hinges on the inside. Made a latch using a tailgate latch from a dodge pickup. Basically made our own rods and brackets and utilized the actual latch and striker setup. Came out pretty good and locks up nice and tight.I will be using a cam style lock to keep it locked. All thats left on the lid is to skin it. I may outsource that as I dont have acess to a large brake to bend the sheet. Also need to figure out and attach gas struts to open it.

Replaced the axle with a 3500lb unit from ABC trailer parts. Ended up going with hubs to match my 'yota. Got the FJ steelies mounted up with the BFG mud terrains.

Fenders:
needed to build new fenders for a couple reasons..the most being I went a little big on the axle and half the tire was hanging out. I built a set of 15 inch wide fenders out of 16g and 1/2 tube. I basically followed the lines of the stock ones.

Accessories:
I welded in a reciever in the rear and reinforced it underneath. This is for a bike rack in the future. I also added a pioneer tool rack to the back panel. I am in the process of building a pair of can holders for my gas cans. They will be mounted on the toungue in front of the cooler rack.

I need to get the pics off my phone and add to the post this weekend after I get a little more done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior