Scepter Water Cans @ O'Reilly's - $18.99

Zwoehr

I have one of these. I bought it at Pep Boys for $10.99. They are not the same as the military spec ones but they do not leak on their sides and are durable enough for me.

Aspen d'Grey

Closer inspection reveals that they are not identical to MWC's, so I decided to test the bugger. They definetly do NOT leak when laid on their sides, top, or any other which way. They have a rubber o-ring in the vent and the lid.

5 gallons of water in it, and played 'roll it down the hill."

No leaks from that, just some scuffing

Stood on it filled with water - I only weigh 142lbs, so this isnt the rating of the MWC's, but it held this perfectly

The next test will be:
2 gallons of water, run it over with a buick rondezvous, vent cap only.

Unfortunately its in the back of the jeep at the shop so I cant test that right now.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I don't think they are a bad option... just not as good of an option (for me at least) as the true MWC's. I use mine for my hot water shower system and it is extremely convenient to toss the shower pickup unit right into the water, can't be done on the smaller openings. The true test for me is when all my Scepters bailed out of my truck and off the hillside on the White Rim Trail. Not a drop leaked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94