7.3 idi vs 7.3 Powerstroke

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Thanks for the info Tom. I have owned a bunch of Fords and know them pretty well. I just spent 4 days and 2500 miles driving around with a huge stack of Ben Franklin's portraits. Came home empty handed. Everybody talks a mean game on the phone, but in person, they are flogging crap! In this time however, I drove a lot of diesels, and have decided that I am going to buy a Cummins powered truck. If I could get that in a 96 F350 chassis, all the better. Somehow, I think it will be in a Dodge chassis. I was not impressed with the drive of any of the Fords. I owned a 96 F350 PSD new, but haven't driven one for a while till this week. I find that I like the power delivery of the Cummins with a stick the best. As a few people mentioned, I will have to find another $1-2k to get a good truck. Anybody wanna buy some miscellaneous debris????

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
Thanks for the info Tom. I have owned a bunch of Fords and know them pretty well. I just spent 4 days and 2500 miles driving around with a huge stack of Ben Franklin's portraits. Came home empty handed. Everybody talks a mean game on the phone, but in person, they are flogging crap! In this time however, I drove a lot of diesels, and have decided that I am going to buy a Cummins powered truck. If I could get that in a 96 F350 chassis, all the better. Somehow, I think it will be in a Dodge chassis. I was not impressed with the drive of any of the Fords. I owned a 96 F350 PSD new, but haven't driven one for a while till this week. I find that I like the power delivery of the Cummins with a stick the best. As a few people mentioned, I will have to find another $1-2k to get a good truck. Anybody wanna buy some miscellaneous debris????

I feel your pain! Truck searches can be frustrating and one tends to get disappointed a great deal...in both people and trucks. Keep looking and the right one will come up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles