Camp toilet

spikemd

Explorer
The PETT toilet rocks and WAG bags rule.

You also need to pack out waste on most park waterways now so be sure you have a good toilet.

Cee-Jay

Sasquatch
Another option is the "poop burrito":

Materials needed for a poop burrito
A sturdy container to keep poop in (I'll expand on this later)
Toilet paper
Sheets of wax paper (about 20" square)
Sheets of brown butcher paper (about 20" square)
Paper bags

Method to create a poop burrito
Find a private spot. Lay the brown paper on the ground and lay the wax paper on top of the brown paper.
Cop a squat and do your business onto the wax paper.
Wipe with TP and drop TP onto poop.
Roll your poop up like a burrito first with the wax paper then with the brown paper.
Put your steaming burrito inside a paper bag and roll the paper bag closed. You can even use tape if you wish.
Deposit your neat little poop packet into your poop container and seal the container shut.

You have plenty of options for a poop container. Just choose something appropriate for the size of your group/length of your trip. For the Aztec Adventure trip (12 people, 5 days) we used a 5 gallon bucket with a solid screw on lid and double lined the bucket with garbage bags. The bucket was bright orange so that we didn't accidentally mix it up with other buckets. Bulk was not an issue since we were traveling by canoe.

For a backpacking trip a popular option is a length of PVC piping with screw on end caps. You can find something like this at a hardware store. You could also buy yourself an opaque Tupperware with a snap on lid and clearly mark it so that it doesn't accidentally end up in the kitchen later. If you can't find an appropriate container that's opaque you could always line it with a garbage bag or cover the outside with duct tape.

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
the burrito thing the finding a opaque thing would be good :)

when I worked on boats if we had people that got seasick the only thing we had if they refused to go over the side was clear zip lock bags ! most then chose getting up and going over the side :) hahahah
nothing like carrying around a clear bag of your lunch :)

ironic the burrito thing rolling in a paper bag ?
when I lived in the Caribbean thats what the locals used as rolling papers and the one guy who owned the dance hall would roll his own about that big !
maybe if you travel in the Caribbean label not for smoking :) or some one might think cool man grab one shove it in their mouth and say light me up !

Honu

lost on the mainland
where are folks getting wagg bags cheap these days ? seems pricing has really gone up over the last few years ?

Ramjet

Explorer
Backcountry.com has them fairly cheap. I know Cabelas had them for 44 but Backcountry had them for 29 for a 12 pack. How many times are you guys able to use one bag. Pee to Dump ratio per person?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior