Nissan Titan Expedition

geovalue

Adventurer
Finally we have departure date for our expedition across the Americas, in Sept 2010 we will be back on the road, driving from Canada down to Argentina. We choose a Titan as our vehicle and have begun to do some modifications for our travels. It seemed the vehicle that best meets our needs. We have removed the 2 back seats and Adventure Trailers are currently building a shelving/ drawer system for behind the front seats. We have installed seat covers, wired in our GPS system, installed a rear view camera, added airbag suspension, and replaced the front bumper with an ARB bumper and winch. We are currently building a rear bumper, to carry gerry cans, high lift jack etc.

w_expo_IMG_7079.jpg

ARB Bumper in Canada :wings:
w_IMG_7082.jpg

Expo_IMG_7081.jpg

We anticipate being on the road for a year. A lot of thought has gone into designing what we need in a vehicle. We completed over 80,000km across Africa in a Land Cruiser so have a good idea what an Expedition vehicle needs
Anyone want to join us?
Janet

drbandkgb

Xterra Junky
I love the big T! I wanted one... But the MPG... I hope Nissan gets it right this next design.. That power its nice... 315hp!

geovalue

Adventurer
Good luck.

How much do you reckon you´ll spend on gas alone? That Titan is a thirsty mutha´.

You are right it is a thirsty beast. In Africa our Land Cruiser was also a thirsty beast but we used to say the only thing that will stop it is a gas station. Hopefully the same for the Titan. We need the power and save by never eating out, bushing camping etc. Our actual living costs on the road are really low. Our biggest costs are gas so in the end it works out manageable

Frankspinz

Adventurer
Great looking Titan ! Great project. Looking foreward to reading of your travels (unless I'm on the road myself !)

Happy travels !

geovalue

Adventurer
I'd sure be interested in that rear bumper.
Any pics?

Want to drop one off on your way by? :coffeedrink:

The new rear bumper is scheduled for the first week of june and we will be posting pictures. Things are hectic now as we get ready, so much to do before we head south

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles