05 tacoma conversion to travel

traveldaroad

hello everyone i'm new to this forum....i own a 05 tacoma 2wd and wish to do some traveling to central america from florida which is where i live now....i wld like some help converting my tacoma and making it travel ready....the travels will be with the family....any help that i get wld be much appreciated

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
Is this a 5 lug Tacoma? Are you planning on sticking to pavement or dirt? If you are going to be in remote places in the dirt, I would not take your 2wd Tacoma.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
You can go a lot of places with a 2wd, especially with some good tires. Just have some solid recover gear, winch, sand/bridging ladders, snatch strap. And travel with another vehicle while you get used to the limits of 2wd. But by all means get out there, you will be amazed by the capability of 2wd, just have the necessary tools to get out if you do get stuck.

Theres not really much you need to do to it to travel. My 2wd 6-lug on 32's gets around pretty good. Just put some all terains on it, buy some recovery gear and use your head when your in sketchy spots. My little 2wd has impressed me and several friends in its capabilities chugged through everything from 8" of fresh snow, beaches and boggy mud. Just remember momentum is your friend.

Honestly most of mine has come from AgriSupply, Tractor Supply and Harbor Freight (highlift and a strap or two). Sierra Expeditions is a good place, they provide alot of forum support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94