Nexen tires?

JDAY

Observer
I was looking at some nexen roadian mt tires on ebay. A set of 4 shipped would be about $570. Anybody here have experience with this brand of tire?

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
I buy them at work from time to time to put on pre-owned cars. They cheap for a reason. The quality is so-so and they do not last very long.

Honestly, I would rather run the retreads from Tread Wright than buy Nexens.

Amauri

Explorer
Terrible, my dad had a set on a car he spun it out on the freeway doing a basic avoidance maneuver(motorcycle cut him off).
PDR_0629.jpg

Last edited:

nbleak21

Adventurer
I buy them at work from time to time to put on pre-owned cars. They cheap for a reason. The quality is so-so and they do not last very long.

Honestly, I would rather run the retreads from Tread Wright than buy Nexens.

No experience with the M/Ts, but plenty experience similar to the above said with passenger tires...

jay3253

Adventurer
I have them on my Explorer and really like them they are inexpensive but in my experience so far... I have 25000 miles on them I really like them. They are smooth and quiet and have been very durable. I have the all season version and they did very well in the snow and on ice. My only complaint would be they do not do well in snow over 6" deep and on wet grass but for everyday driving on the road they have been very good.

19psi

The Devil Made Me
i've put the low profile performance version on several cars when i ws a mechanic and didn't see a problem with them.
i'd give the mt's a try; for that price it would be worth trying and by the time they're worn out i'd be tired of them and ready for something else anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz