Any Expo Broncos?

KLAKEBRONCO

Adventurer
Yeah, I like the low lift idea too. My 80 has no lift, gratuitus fender trimming and 35x14.50 Mickeys. I'm planning on doing the same on the 86, only on it, I'll have to install some flares to keep it legal. As far as to how far I will travel, that is kind of up in the air right now. I have a wife and two kids so storage for everything is key. I 'm used to a 79 ford F250 extended cab, with a 460, so mileage will definately be an improvement.

So you are in the same boat as far as family. We have three boys. So the back seat MUST stay. I think one of the cages that seperate the passenger compartment from cargo is a good idea and something I'm going to look into. That way you can stack things to the roof and not have to worry about it falling on the kids, or flying forward etc.

A roof rack isn't a bad idea just for storage of the big items. Cooler, water jugs, lantern, stuff like that.

My truck right now has 35x12.5x18's on it at stock height. That size gives me a modest 1" more sidewall, for close to or a little better than stock 31's offroad, but a relatively short sidewall for on highway driving.
No lift so I have some trimming to do:bike_rider:

rockbronc

Observer
I just got done reading your build on FSB last night, looks like we have a lot in common for our Broncs. I really like your ideas. Great job on the rear panels, they turned out sweet.:clapsmile

Last edited:

rockbronc

Observer
I'm designing a series of storage compartments for the cargo area so that all my tools, spare parts, and fluids, etc. will be secured. I'll post some pics when I get it built.

leverett

Observer
what do you have against the ttb on an expo truck?
its one of the reasons i went bronco, IFS quality ride strong as a sold axle 44 (just an extra u joint). And can take a hell of a beating.

throw a little diesel in that thing and your fuel milage will be taken care of :sombrero:

my dislikes of the ttb are personal my bronco is biuld more toward rock crawling than go fast and the articulation is very little even with the sway bars disconected . however it is the only ifs i will have any other ifs is ilreliable. i wheel my bronco hard drive back to town and back to school on monday it has never let me down. and i want a cummins for sure thats what is going in if something happens to the 351

KLAKEBRONCO

Adventurer
I just got done reading your build on FSB last night, looks like we have a lot in common for our Broncs. I really like your ideas. Great job on the rear panels, they turned out sweet.:clapsmile

Thanks!
I'll have a picture up tomorrow of the 35's on there. The truck tank ships out tomorrow, and the SOLID diff cover will be here tomorrow.
:wings:
I'm going to re-locate the rear shock mounts before I put the tank in so I can get rid of the low hanging lower mounts.

My next offroad mod I think is going to be a T-case clocking ring from Great Lake offroad. Only $67 shipped. Clock the case up a bit and then build a new T-case skid.

RR1

Explorer
Probably more than you want to spend, AutoFab has some very nice suspension for Broncos. I always see some well kitted long travel Broncos in Baja traveling about.

Throw on a roof top tent and get to your out of the way secret camping spot quick.:costumed-smiley-007

http://www.autofab.com/extra_wide_mdl_44.htm

Ricks%20bronco%208.jpg

And then there is a guy from Camburg building this beast.

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74698

rear_3-1.jpg

..and the Goodman Bronco

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php/7425-Goodman-Bronco-Prerunner-November-2003

1.jpg

Last edited:

RR1

Explorer
my dislikes of the ttb are personal my bronco is biuld more toward rock crawling than go fast and the articulation is very little even with the sway bars disconected

Deep pockets can cure that. You can pull 24" of travel out of properly built TTB.

I am curious about that black thing to the left of this F150, looks like hearse.

Hoffman_010.jpg

Hoffman_005.jpg

Last edited:

dragogt

Adventurer
Deep pockets can cure that. You can pull 24" of travel out of properly built TTB.

I am curious about that black thing to the left of this F150, looks like hearse.

Thats part of the problem w/ the ttb, that same cash will build a bullet proof d60 that will flex the same.. jmo And yeah that does look like hearse..

RR1

Explorer
Thats part of the problem w/ the ttb, that same cash will build a bullet proof d60 that will flex the same.

TTB will be a heck of a lot nicer ride, mine you can cruise 60-70 mph down the nasty and not a spill a drop of the drink in your hand.:beer:

It all depends all the person's needs and desires. Some guys need a SAS others need IFS.

I wanna see more pictures of of that hearse...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier