Any Expo Broncos?

rockbronc

Observer
I'm planning an expedition build on an 86 Bronco. Just looking for some more ideas. Please post some pics of your Expo Bronc along with your ideas.

Teamjeff

Observer
I've been a Bronco for a long time & always planned to build one up. Take a look at race-dezert.com for more ideas on your build - and of course keep us posted on your progress!

rockbronc

Observer
WOW!! That is sweet!:drool: Way above and beyond my plans though. I just want something that my wife and kids and I can do some moderate trails with and still be able to travel to and from our destination in.

rockbronc

Observer
I have an 80 bronco now that is off road only, but I have to trailer it everywhere. I'm looking to build one more for dual purpose.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I was a Bronco for a while, but eventually I found it tiring, and put myself out to stud...:costumed-smiley-007

KLAKEBRONCO

Adventurer
I think I answered your thread on FSB too.

It's a good idea as they are a strong/basic and reliable platform.

FWIW I would keep it low, or a very slight lift. For now I'm running no lift, and I have an entire page of modifications I am doing or want to do because of the low lift height. They are short, so that doesn't mix with tall on the highway IMO. And you can't avoid highway travel.

How far do you plan to travel with it, and for how long?

Things to be mindful of IMO. Fuel Mileage, highway manners, storage (family or no family?) and then offroad ability.

rockbronc

Observer
Yeah, I like the low lift idea too. My 80 has no lift, gratuitus fender trimming and 35x14.50 Mickeys. I'm planning on doing the same on the 86, only on it, I'll have to install some flares to keep it legal. As far as to how far I will travel, that is kind of up in the air right now. I have a wife and two kids so storage for everything is key. I 'm used to a 79 ford F250 extended cab, with a 460, so mileage will definately be an improvement.

Last edited:

leverett

Observer
i expo in my bronco with a 4 inch lift well behaved on the high way even in strong winds. i only have a few complaints about an expo bronco fuel mialage and the ttb suspention

strange

Observer
i expo in my bronco with a 4 inch lift well behaved on the high way even in strong winds. i only have a few complaints about an expo bronco fuel mialage and the ttb suspention

what do you have against the ttb on an expo truck?
its one of the reasons i went bronco, IFS quality ride strong as a sold axle 44 (just an extra u joint). And can take a hell of a beating.

throw a little diesel in that thing and your fuel milage will be taken care of :sombrero:

rockbronc

Observer
If you could see what I've put the ttb through on my 80, you wouldn't believe it has held up. X2 on the taking a beating, and I love the flex.

KLAKEBRONCO

Adventurer
what do you have against the ttb on an expo truck?
its one of the reasons i went bronco, IFS quality ride strong as a sold axle 44 (just an extra u joint). And can take a hell of a beating.

throw a little diesel in that thing and your fuel milage will be taken care of :sombrero:

Fwiw the inner U joint and slip shaft/yoke can be upgraded to the Dana 50 U-joint and is a good deal stronger. Then your weak link is the outer joints........Just the same as any solid axle 44........Only with improved ride with the TTB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles