Anyone doing LR3 Rear Bumper?

keithro

Adventurer
Is anyone making a LR3 Rear Bumper?

I saw some pictures of a rte version...but I don't think it ever made it to production.

tacomadave

Adventurer
Man-A-Fre is a Kaymar distributor, I know they specialize in Toyota, but give em a call maybe they will bring in a LR3 bumper.

trevor

Aluminess is also making a rear bumper.

http://www.aluminess.com/Land-rover.htm

rover-bumper-21_lg.jpg

SeaRubi

Explorer
just my opinion, but welding together straight, angular pieces of steel isn't going to suffice any more for modern vehicle designs. The aftermarket needs to be exploring more alternatives using reinforced composites that incorporate some kind of metallic rub-rail where the piece is most likely to see frequent abrasion against terrain, and be lightweight yet sturdier to impact than the stock component.

in other words: I think all these steel bumpers for the LR3 look like doo-doo. :coffee: The market I believe is ripe for someone that has their stuff together in the composites industry.

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
Getting ready to have one fabricated (similar to the Rasta version) to work with my OE rear bumper. I'll post pics when it's complete. :coffeedrink:

Biggs

39.JPG

nwoods

Expedition Leader
As others have said, Man-a-fre in SoCal has a few Kaymar bumpers in stock for the LR3 (or soon will, they were in shipping not long ago). Safari Guard came out with one, but the owner was reactivated and is currently serving his country overseas, so they are not available presently. Rovetyme developed a two piece rear bumper, not sure if they ever actually released it, but they might if you asked.

The Kaymar is by far the most professionally looking one, but it does not provide much if any advantage, it is exactly the same profile as the OEM plastic bumper. The Rasta tire carrier is pretty good. No rattles, even on washboard.

There is another company in Australia making a tire carrier, I forget the name, but look up Simon on Disco3.co.uk and you'll find him.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Rasta has left the US, RTE is available, and very nice, and the guys at Aluminess will alter theirs to facilitate the tire carrier, etc.

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Man I am here right now! This is one of the last major mods that I need to do! I'm so sick of having to unload my rear cargo space to get at my spare. And since I went to 275/65/18 BFG All Terrains this week the spare will no longer fit anyways. So I need a swing a way spare tire carrier. I have personal experience with the Kaymar and it rocks, just a little spendy. My buddy Randy Tuggle at Land Rover Roaring Fork stocks them and has put them on many LR3's his website is: www.landroverroaringfork.com for those in this part of the country. I was looking for a cheaper option, but will most likely go with the Kaymar unless something comes to my attention in this thread???

cheers,

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
just my opinion, but welding together straight, angular pieces of steel isn't going to suffice any more for modern vehicle designs. The aftermarket needs to be exploring more alternatives using reinforced composites that incorporate some kind of metallic rub-rail where the piece is most likely to see frequent abrasion against terrain, and be lightweight yet sturdier to impact than the stock component.

in other words: I think all these steel bumpers for the LR3 look like doo-doo. :coffee: The market I believe is ripe for someone that has their stuff together in the composites industry.

I sorta see where you're coming from, but I think for the relatively small market involved, it's not really going to work out economically. I think much more can be done simply using sheet metal, lazer cutting and bending. I think the Kaymar looks fine. The Aluminess is just tragic! Sorry but... what the hell. Looks like they hung a beam behind the original bumper?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles