Expo style TV/Film production van I spotted.

bunni

I've been on location with a lot of productions, but I've never seen a production vehicle quite like this. The interior of the van was filled with large displays, computer/editing workstations and gear. The entire shoot was running off a pair of generators mounted on the front bumper.

4558767520_d15de94388_b.jpg

4558764832_fc34bd8899_b.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I know that van, met him a couple years ago & actually put some new batteries in it. He has a really cool website with some great pics of the van, but I can't remember it......... damn!!!!

bunni

I figured somebody on here might. :D

I really would like some details on the interior setup - and the satellite on top. Can it do live broadcasts? It looked like a complete broadcast/editing house on wheels.

Ironduff

Observer
Nice van! FWIW, the two generators are Honda EU2000's with inverter output that can be paralleled. If you just need 2kW or less, you can run just one, saving gas and noise (and they're the gold standard for quiet). If you need more you can run both on the same output line, unlike most portables.

There's a class B RV maker that uses that same roof, or one very similar. Great West, maybe??? But all I've seen have a large fixed window in the front recessed area. Is that a small Sportsmobile logo high on the rear, by the 3rd brake light?

Nice find! I'd have blurred the pix, drooling on the camera.... ;)

Jim H.

Railvan

Adventurer
Looks a lot like the SMB van Ambient Digital had made for remote production work, but I can't find photos of it right now. It used to be featured on their website main page.

Brian Rutherford

Bella PSD

Explorer
I remember reading about this van. You could rent it for remote production of photography or video. Ambient Digital sounds like what I remember but it was a few years ago...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles