Expedition Trailer for Sale

ins123

Trailer is sold - Thanks.

I have a custom 1 of 1 trailer that has been on one test run for sale.

Due to injury shortly after build I can no longer risk going where the trailer design and build would allow.

I am new to the forum and not certain I can attach photos, if not maybe someone on the forum can assist.

Trailer:

Custom Off Road 4x4 Camping Rock Crawler Trailer

Been off road one time.

Features:

20 gal water tank (custom baffled aluminum secured in frame)
Tail Gate.
Side Tilt Top
Tongue box wired for batteries.
10 ga. Wiring with junction box in frame for lights, refrigerator, batteries, etc.
Electric Brakes.
Dexter 3500 # axel with independent torsion suspension with electric brakes. (Great articulation and smooth ride).
34” Swamper tires
Roll over hitch with adjustable length bar to match track of your vehicle.
Reinforced rear tow bar hitch or carry rack for bicycles, etc.
Frame built to allow winching or towing your buddy's vehicle on the trail.
Mount for gas cans and propane tank. (Gas cans in photo do not go with trailer)

All new construction.

Ca. Permanent license.

Tracks perfectly straight.

Designed and built to go anywhere with your rock crawler or other off road vehicle.

Additional rails can be installed for luggage rack or roof top tent.

Additional photos and info on request.

I am located in So. Cal. but might consider meeting somewhere.

Call Larry @ 951 294 eight one four five (8145))

Last edited:

kclark421

Observer
Hi Larry,

Welcome to the forum

You may want to post in the for sale section under trailers along with an asking price.

Best Regards,

teotwaki

Excelsior!
3n23k23o25Y25Z05Q1a4p0b471d2e86301514.jpg

3n43kc3l45Y55Q65U5a4pe831ee2520111bdb.jpg

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/1709434153.html

pictures of the suspension would be nice :)

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Hmmm.. I like it. I like a lot. I like it too much. That's a darn attractive price, and you are not too far away. Hmmmm...

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I called him. I've got dibs.

Thank goodness. You'll remove the temptaion from this weak Overlanding Soul of mine. :sombrero: Until I sell my 1989 Bronco I have no space to store a trailer. I just want a trailer and I don't have a good reason. Waaaah!

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Heading over there tonight. I don't think it's quite ready to use for extended travel yet. It needs some finishing touches, but it sure looks like a good platform to start from.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Sorry! I've met the seller twice now, and anticipate delivery on wednesday. He's tinkering with a few items so that's it's "just right" when I take delivery. He's a very cool guy! I took photos yesterday, but haven't loaded them into the computer yet. Maybe this afternoon?

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Sorry! I've met the seller twice now, and anticipate delivery on wednesday. He's tinkering with a few items so that's it's "just right" when I take delivery. He's a very cool guy! I took photos yesterday, but haven't loaded them into the computer yet. Maybe this afternoon?

Great! I'm excited for you! :victory:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Here are some images:

This isn't the normal coupler, but I plan on getting one from AT soon, so it's just temp holder. It does rotate and swivel on all axis's though, and it's long with several holes predrilled for tailoring the ride and tongue weight via adjustable length. I might keep it awhile... need to test it.
trailer-01.jpg

The rear hatch is being worked on. It's heavy duty, strong enough for two men to sit on, but he's redoing the cable supports and exterior latches before I pick it up on Wednesday

trailer-03.jpg

trailer-04.jpg

trailer-05.jpg

Main box and nose box
trailer-06.jpg

trailer-07.jpg

It has a built in 20 gallon aluminum tank between the frame rails (flush to bottom of frame). Tank has 4 internal baffles running both directions, and fills easily, sorta like a gas cap. The discharge is gravity feed, at bottom of tank, via this 1" fitting that is sorta like an air fitting. Flows 3-4 gallons a minute reportedly. Access to the bottom fitting is a bit fussy, and my wife will want a shower set up, so I will need to think about this part soon.
trailer-09.jpg

trailer-10.jpg

It has a nice looking torsen bar suspension set up.
trailer-11.jpg

trailer-12.jpg

In summary, this trailer is definitely a homebrew, but well thought out and pretty well executed. It's not as polished as an AT, but should offer excellent functionality and fills a need that my family really needs. My only concerns are what the impacts to the Jeep are going to be (power/gearing), fuel, brake controllers/harness, etc... I might need to regear the Jeep and get the extended fuel tank. Sigh... baby steps.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
It is also fully prewired internally, there is a 10 gauge cable from the battery box to the rear for a fridge, and a bunch of lighter gauge stuff for lights, accessory power, etc.. It runs through the frame tubes and up the box looking risers in the rear of the cargo area (inside)

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Thanks for the PIX! Still looks to be a good price for the package for a guy that is unafraid to be hands-on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior