My M416 Trailer Build has started.

KE5QVT

Observer
added more to my m416

I had a local fab shop weld up a frame for my future RTT. I also modified the tongue by removing the stock military lunette and replaced it with a 48" tongue. I kept the lunette type hitch for greater flex off road. I have a 30 gallon water tank mounted with a demand water pump. You can see the fill nozzle and water spic on the front left side. My propane bottles are 10 gallon transparent bottles so I can see the fluid and KNOW when they are getting low. I also have two 5 gallon fuel cells up front, and two ammo cans in the rear. One is for a deep cycle battery and inverter, the other is for tools or what ever. I also added two cans up front for what ever as well. All cans, fuels, propanes etc can all be pad locked.

I also added another receiver below the spare tire to add a bike rack when ever needed.

The next project is to add hinged bars on the sides of the frame to allow a kayak or canoe to be held.
View attachment 45598

Attachments

• M416 Build 021.jpg
    M416 Build 021.jpg
    747.9 KB · Views: 41

Jekyll2000

I had a local fab shop weld up a frame for my future RTT. I also modified the tongue by removing the stock military lunette and replaced it with a 48" tongue. I kept the lunette type hitch for greater flex off road. I have a 30 gallon water tank mounted with a demand water pump. You can see the fill nozzle and water spic on the front left side. My propane bottles are 10 gallon transparent bottles so I can see the fluid and KNOW when they are getting low. I also have two 5 gallon fuel cells up front, and two ammo cans in the rear. One is for a deep cycle battery and inverter, the other is for tools or what ever. I also added two cans up front for what ever as well. All cans, fuels, propanes etc can all be pad locked.

I also added another receiver below the spare tire to add a bike rack when ever needed.

The next project is to add hinged bars on the sides of the frame to allow a kayak or canoe to be held.
View attachment 45598

Interested in selling the lunette casting and lunette. I'm looking for one for my M416. Thanks,

Tony

alexrex20

Explorer
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

KE5QVT

Observer
Dude!!!

Where did you come up with the photos of my truck? WOW, my trailer has come a LONG way since then!!!!

gasman

Adventurer
wow . nice job, i really like the way you have extended the tounge. were you able to retain the ability to rotate the ring or is it welded solid?, i have been thinking of different ways to extend my m101 , but man i really like your version, did i say i really really like it ?

KE5QVT

Observer
Did you go over to iH8mud to see the entire build? the tongue extenstion does wonders for trailering and backing. plus gives more storage area. I keep the lunette's ability to rotate 360 degrees just made it a real tight twist so it only does it when really needed.

I have much much more since this last post. Please go take a l00k and let me know you r thughts:smiley_drive:

alexrex20

Explorer
Where did you come up with the photos of my truck? WOW, my trailer has come a LONG way since then!!!!

i met you (and T4x4T) at BVORR way back in November 09. your nickname is Goose? or something like that...? :D

you had just picked up the trailer a few weeks before that BVORR trip. and yes, it sure has come a long way!

womacje

Adventurer
Did you go over to iH8mud to see the entire build? the tongue extenstion does wonders for trailering and backing. plus gives more storage area. I keep the lunette's ability to rotate 360 degrees just made it a real tight twist so it only does it when really needed.

I have much much more since this last post. Please go take a l00k and let me know you r thughts:smiley_drive:

How far is your tub from the end of your coupler/eye of the "ball mount". I'd love to get your opinion of tongue length.

Jeremy

old_blue

I have one of these trailers, and would like to swap the axle so I can use my 6 x 5.5 spare. Do you happen to know the specs of the axle you ordered? Thanks!

womacje

Adventurer
I matched the existing axles specs, hub face to hub face and spring perch center to spring perch center. Hope that helps.

Jeremy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier