AT Horizon extra sleeping room

F5driver

Adventurer
I have an OZ tent, RV 2 that I set up and tie into my awning. Room for 2 adults and a nice changing room as well.

Romer

Adventurer
Ken,
You could always move back into a popup. Room for 4 adults, heat, running water, can go anywhere an AT can go. I'm using 3" memory foam on top of 1/2" camping foam mattresses. Comfy to say the least. At CM it was a staedy 65 degrees at night, and we could eat breakfast and dinner without the added grit.:elkgrin:
View attachment 40809

Nick, I didn't realize that was you, must have driven and walked by you many times last week

Atoyot1031

Observer
Nick, I didn't realize that was you, must have driven and walked by you many times last week

It's tough differentiating one green 80 from another. Plus with the sea of children running about.

It was an awesome event! I was sceptical about the new venue, but it was a huge hit. My wife said it was her favorite Cruise Moab to date, and not just because she won the Foxwing awning.;)

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Romer

Adventurer
I have an OZ tent, RV 2 that I set up and tie into my awning. Room for 2 adults and a nice changing room as well.

Like this?

attachment.php

This would give you a tent room with two cots, a middle room then the changing room for the RTT and then the RTT Mattress level

All with a side door

Would need to make some measurements and come up with a rainfly

HMMMMMMMmmmmmm

Romer

Adventurer
The tent is going to cost as much as the trailer at that point :yikes:

adding that is about $1000, the trailer is much more.

It would allow me to take more people comfortably. Just brainstorming man lets play with it a bit before we shoot it down.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Yeah, + the globetrotter. Im just sayin... That's $4300 worth of tent. It better come with a massage person and a sleeping pill :)

Ken...And im not shooting it down, im jealous!! I think it would be a sweet setup. Just a spendy one.

Romer

Adventurer
Yeah, + the globetrotter. Im just sayin... That's $4300 worth of tent. It better come with a massage person and a sleeping pill :)

Ken...And im not shooting it down, im jealous!! I think it would be a sweet setup. Just a spendy one.

The cost of the OZ tent with what I already got into it is nothing. I already have the Globetrotter, thats my trailer in the pic. . Plus, this would give me a tent to take on trips I wouldn't take the trailer on. I don't own another tent.

Just trying to see how to expand the setup I have to its full capability and then look at costs. If I figured out the cost of everything I wanted to do to my landcruiser, I probably wouldn't have bought it to begin with. Now I have a rig set up and built to go just about anywhere.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Very true, and i knew that was your trailer. I commented on it in other threads. If you go with this setup, you'll be my new idol. That will totally rock.. regardless of cost.

Last edited:

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Hey Ken,

Doesn't seem to be any easy solution but I came up with this...based on the 63" x 83" floor dimension if in fact that is correct.

See what you think

romer1a.jpg

XJBANKER

Explorer
Like this?

attachment.php

This would give you a tent room with two cots, a middle room then the changing room for the RTT and then the RTT Mattress level

All with a side door

Would need to make some measurements and come up with a rainfly
How much is that particular sized oz tent?

wagner_joe

Adventurer
We just unhook the ladder from it's "secure" locations on our globe trotter and place a cot down for Drew. We then wedge the base against the top of the cot and against the sidebox of the horizon. So far neither Mandy or I have fallen outta the GT nor have we killed Drew.. He's only 72lbs soaking wet and I'm hovering around 200, so it can hold some weight. We've done it in the deserts of AZ, Mtns of New Mexico and other locations.

The cot goes against the outter door and fills the base of the GT pretty well. So we have to scamper down in the AM, but he's slept through it a few times.

Not sure I'd want to carry another "item" to hook up onto the trailer. The shower, sink, stove, chairs, and such take up enough time.

I can shoot pics if your interested this weekend. I should be off this one..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles