favorite food combinations from countries you have traveled to ?

cwsqbm

Explorer
There was a tiny Thai resturant in Okazaki Japan that had the most amazing food. Never found anything like it in the states.

I can find Latin American, Indian, and European foods fairly easily near me, but most Asian foods (with the exception of Japanese) aren't done "right".

And there was the raw horse meat in Japan....

MatthewThompson

Adventurer
Indian in England.
I've never been to India, but I can't see them doing it any better than they do in Hampshire.

Also, never been to Baja but I have been making a lot of real Mexican lately. My first real fish taco and appropriate sides just about blew my mind. Amazing food.

ccarm

Adventurer
In Uganda it was Chapati alone, or with just about anything you could throw on it. Oh, what I would give for a stack of these right now. :)

Uganda%20---%20Kampala%20---%20Making%20a%20chapati%20rolex,%20July%2012,%202006-20110309-120655.png

Honu

lost on the mainland
I miss poke :)

Used to go to star market get it about 5 days a week :)

Flyfishexpert that egg plate reminds me a bit of locomoco from the islands :)
My buddy was a fly fish guide many places but Chile was his nhome for 5 years cant remember where he guided there ?
But he has a Chilean wifee now :)

grimbo

Explorer
Banana pancakes with a splash of lime juice in a warung by the beach in Bali

Coconut pancakes with a creamed sweet corn filling found at a night market in Malaysia

Feral platter at the Parachilna pub, South Australia

Bowl of deep fried chili crickets in Malaysia

Beaver tail waffles from a market in Ottawa

Lobster roll from a roadside van near Kaikoura NZ

I could go on but I've made myself hungry

Chris2000XJ

When I visited Qatar I had some Lamb I think it was served on naan style flat bread with veggies and a couple sauces that I don't remember. It was very good.

sixbennetts

Adventurer
Nothing like Mama-san's Beef Bulkoki and some Yaki-Mandu before a night of Soju, Oscar, and OB beer in South Korea.

I also enjoyed a Balut or two AFTER I was drunk and rolling out the front door of the Port Orient Bar at Subic Bay. (They're better with salt). Too many San Miguels those times.

And yes, I still have a ping-pong ball to prove it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94