Nevada Trophy 2010

Scott Brady

Founder
Note: I competed in this event in 2005. What a blast!

NEVADA TROPHY 2010
July 30 - Aug 1, 2010

www.offroadexperience.com

ORE Annual Event

NEVADA TROPHY is a GPS Navigational Rally Raid Adventure!

Are you up for an Adventure?
Then NVTR is the event you can’t miss in 2010.
A little bit Camel Trophy… A little bit Geocaching…
A little bit Warn Challenge… NVTR is Fun, Sun, Snow, Mud & Adventure!

It began in 1996 in Northern Nevada high desert!
And continues in 2010 this July in North-Western Nevada.

With your navigational skills, a GPS, a compass and Nevada Atlas you’ll be chasing waypoints across Northern Nevada. Registration & Tech Inspection open Thursday evening. Friday start time is scheduled for 8:00am, then it’s two days of adventure, waypoints, and maybe a Special Task!

Scoring is done via Points earned & lost. Every two vehicles make up one team. Entries are limited to 15 teams. NVTR is open only to 4WD vehicles. See our site for more.

Don’t sit home and dream... Experience NEVADA TROPHY for yourself!

For Entry & Rule Information, contact “ORE” at 925-606-8301 or Fax 925-606-8302
Pre-Entry $300.00. Post-Entries $400.00 after 6/30/10.

Sponsorship Opportunities Available

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I think Redline and someone else from here completed in the last event...I am pretty sure there is a report around here somewhere.

Sounds like a great event...need to put together a gimp team and maybe let some of you able bodied people join us :)

FireGuy

Adventurer
I'm game. I have no experience doing a competition like this. I'd need to really get caught up on the nav portion.

RenoRacing

Observer
So I've been really kicking around the idea of getting a new rig(thinkin' brand new Tacoma). If that all works itself out in time to sign up for this I'm definitely in. It'd be stupid not to partake, seeing as it so close to home for me. I too would need lots of "brushing up" on my navigation skills... Also would be looking to find another rig/pair to team up with! I'm new to all of this, and have never competed in anything even close to this. I'd imagine it'd be a blast, win or lose!

Sawyer

Adventurer
Man I so want to do this!!!!!

If any one is looking for a team member... Let me know. I am a total noob to all of this. But hell.... that is what makes it fun! I can guaranty that you will get 200% effort out of me.

What would make me a good team member???? I know how to turn a wrench. I spent 6 years with Naval Special Warefare running small boats and was qualified on diesel engines, inboard/outboards, etc. I have been an EMT for over 15 years although I work as an Architect. I have held wilderness EMT certs as well. In 2008 I did some offroad photography for Norman Racing (yeah the team that won the Baja 1000).

But that is just me... Am I an expert at anything.... well yeah!!! Having fun! Am I under qualified.... Probably... but hey 1st timers came in third. Lets have some fun! Let me know!

Monterorider

Adventurer
Anyway if there are any procrastinators out there send them a note if you can make a team, by 30th. It might still happen. I'm sure they could reconsider if there are enough entries suddenly.

You will love it. :smiley_drive:

1leglance

One of the tough things about something like this is they make a big deal about how there are only a few spaces aval so lots of folks don't even try to put it together and then you find out there weren't enough people entered.

I seriously wanted to do this but the risk to the WAVE, time off from work and cost make it tough.

Monterorider

Adventurer
One of the tough things about something like this is they make a big deal about how there are only a few spaces aval so lots of folks don't even try to put it together and then you find out there weren't enough people entered.

I seriously wanted to do this but the risk to the WAVE, time off from work and cost make it tough.

There is truth to be said about it.
What's WAVE anyway?
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/WAVE
WAVE Women Accepted for Voluntary Emergency Service (US Navy; properly written as WAVES)
WAVE Women Against Violence Europe
WAVE Working Against Violence Everywhere (prevention of violence in schools)
WAVE Waveform Audio File Format
WAVE WASP family Verprolin-homologous protein
WAVE Work Assist Vehicle
WAVE Wide Area Voice Environment
WAVE WB-57 Ascent Video Experiment
WAVE Walk-thru Virtual Environment
WAVE Warfighter Alliance in a Virtual Environment
WAVE Wireless Access Vehicular Environment (IEEE)
WAVE Webster Academy Visions in Education (Webster, TX)
WAVE Water Alliances for Environmental Efficiency
WAVE Work Attitude and Values Enhancement
WAVE Women Achieving Victory & Esteem
WAVE Warrant Alternative Vehicle
WAVE Web Automatic Verification of Enrollment (US DoD Montgomery GI Bill)
WAVE Wide Area Virtual-Prototyping Environment
WAVE WWW, Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Environments Exploration (NASA)
WAVE Weather Altimeter Voice Equipment
WAVE Weather Access for Visualization and Exploitation
WAVE We All Volunteer Everything (WCRC)
WAVE Webber Aerospace Ventures in Education (Webber Junior High School, Fort Collins, CO)
:coffee:

1leglance

sorry
WAVE
Wheelchair Accessible Van for Expeditions
it is a 2008 Sportsmobile camping van with mobility equipment that we use as a non-profit to let the disabled enjoy remote backcountry travel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke