1968 Series IIa transfer case rebuild

BBCchris

Observer
I'm in the process of rebuilding my 109 and wanted to freshen up the transfer case while it was out. I'm having a hard time finding any information on rebuilding the series case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Chris

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Ummm....a factory shop manual or a Haynes manual has all the info you need. I've used a Haynes manual for a long time and rarely do I need to use the factory manual instead.

BBCchris

Observer
I know its a pretty stupid question..... I do have the green hardback Haynes resto manual and it just doesn't cover the transfer box. I'll order a more specific Haynes manual if its included in it, just want to make sure first.
-Chris

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
I know its a pretty stupid question..... I do have the green hardback Haynes resto manual and it just doesn't cover the transfer box. I'll order a more specific Haynes manual if its included in it, just want to make sure first.
-Chris

Sorry, didn't mean to imply it was a stupid question. You don't want the Haynes restoration manual, you want the repair manual. The transfer case is pretty straight forward and usually they don't require much more than seals. If you find it needs more major repairs you're better off ($$) finding a good used unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94