Chinese Military Shovel WJQ-308

lcsodiver

Adventurer
am I the only one who sees something wrong with paddling a cheap raft with not one.... but two very sharp instruments :Wow1: that was a very amusing video :coffeedrink:

crusader

Adventurer
am I the only one who sees something wrong with paddling a cheap raft with not one.... but two very sharp instruments :Wow1: that was a very amusing video :coffeedrink:

It could happen...

...Sometimes people are out and about and find themselves on a lake in a cheap inflatable raft with no paddles BUT, thank goodness, they happen to have 2 Chinese military shovels. Honestly, when I'm in situations like that, I really don't care if my Chinese military shovels might damage my raft. I'm just singly focused on paddling to the shore. It's only when your out of imminent danger that you think about the "what ifs" like raft damage.

It's like the time I was sitting at a traffic light and was attacked by a (somewhat lethargic) guy with a stick--with the adrenaline pumping, you don't have time to think--you just react and grab your Chinese military shovel. Only when the whole thing is over do you realize how much danger you were in, and that the only thing that stood between you and certain death was your Chinese military shovel.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Crusader, that's one of the most entertaining posts I've read in a long while. Thanks!

And ex_m38a1er, I must have missed where they show it being used as a tennis racket. Guess that's about as plausible as some of their other uses. :)

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
It could happen...

...Sometimes people are out and about and find themselves on a lake in a cheap inflatable raft with no paddles BUT, thank goodness, they happen to have 2 Chinese military shovels. Honestly, when I'm in situations like that, I really don't care if my Chinese military shovels might damage my raft. I'm just singly focused on paddling to the shore. It's only when your out of imminent danger that you think about the "what ifs" like raft damage.

It's like the time I was sitting at a traffic light and was attacked by a (somewhat lethargic) guy with a stick--with the adrenaline pumping, you don't have time to think--you just react and grab your Chinese military shovel. Only when the whole thing is over do you realize how much danger you were in, and that the only thing that stood between you and certain death was your Chinese military shovel.

Reminds me of the time a guy came up to my car with a claw hammer after I gave him a freindly safety honk of the horn. He was going 5 mph on an interstate off ramp and was a real danger. I wound up wrestling my buddy who was a volunteer deputy sheriff over the gun I kept in the console so he would not shoot the poor sap. I gave up on guns after that.

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Reminds me of the time a guy came up to my car with a claw hammer after I gave him a freindly safety honk of the horn. He was going 5 mph on an interstate off ramp and was a real danger. I wound up wrestling my buddy who was a volunteer deputy sheriff over the gun I kept in the console so he would not shoot the poor sap. I gave up on guns after that.

yeah... Not so funny, that one... Try again... ;)

I actually would love to have one of these. I have the US military shovel, of course, but this has a few extras that I like. The wire cutters would be awesome to have IMO.

Cheers

I wonder if the shovel was made with lead-contaminated metal and the handle made from insecticide-laden wood (example would be arsenic). I wouldn't be chopping my food with that thing...

However, it scares the hell out of me to see that the Chinese have been VERY busy making themselves militarily efficient... WHY DO YOU THINK THEY BOUGHT UP COMMODITIES DURING THE BOOM?! They're gearing up for war. There's no real reason to stockpile commodities way beyond estimated demand according to 5-year, 10-year plans (and even estimated demand was over the top, what with an empty city and the world's largest mall, which sits empty, and lots of "see-throughs" (nick-name for empty sky scrapers built for the sake of employment)). Unless they anticipate being cut off from foreign resources for some reason or other.

Those are smart cookies. Watch out!

leverett

Observer
I wonder if the shovel was made with lead-contaminated metal and the handle made from insecticide-laden wood (example would be arsenic). I wouldn't be chopping my food with that thing...

However, it scares the hell out of me to see that the Chinese have been VERY busy making themselves militarily efficient... WHY DO YOU THINK THEY BOUGHT UP COMMODITIES DURING THE BOOM?! They're gearing up for war. There's no real reason to stockpile commodities way beyond estimated demand according to 5-year, 10-year plans (and even estimated demand was over the top, what with an empty city and the world's largest mall, which sits empty, and lots of "see-throughs" (nick-name for empty sky scrapers built for the sake of employment)). Unless they anticipate being cut off from foreign resources for some reason or other.

Those are smart cookies. Watch out!

or mabye they are gunna join in over in afgan to repay us for the open door policy? who knows we will just have to wait and see. and ya i wouldnt chop food with something that has bien in the dirt and cut rusty metal.

ex m38a1er

Adventurer
Crusader, that's one of the most entertaining posts I've read in a long while. Thanks!

And ex_m38a1er, I must have missed where they show it being used as a tennis racket. Guess that's about as plausible as some of their other uses. :)

Ha,ha!!!
Yes could be...
"Tennis elbow" is an over use syndrome which leeds to inflamation of the forearm tendons and is very painfull.
Mostly occurs to tennis players(with bad technique).
When i saw that guy digging like my golden retriever does in the sand it just
cross my mind...:)
Ask me how i know...Sports Physiotherapist by proffesion...:coffeedrink:

michaelgroves

Explorer

I love the "product introduction" on that page:

Product Introduction:
  1. Invented, designed and manufactured by army man. Combine 18 functions which makes a real miracle.
  2. Combine the functions of digging, sawing, chopping, cutting, picking, prying, hammering and measuring perfectly.
  3. More functions, less weight. Save your strength and time which reflects humanity.
  4. Fine materials and good craft, further more, 268 process procedures and 48 inspections, make a perfect quality.
  5. This product is widely used for single soldier, auto equipment, driving and camping.
  6. Accompanied portable bag, which makes it portable to carry.
"Save your strength and time which reflects humanity"!???

Ash

Adventurer
Did anyone every grab one of these? They look very well made and have more functions than any US/Europeon product.

20095311528115.jpg

IMGP9644.jpg

IMGP9646.jpg

IMGP9651.jpg

IMGP9653.jpg

There are on ebay for $89 + $25 shipping. Expensive. I'm busy looking for a cheaper price.

Ash

Mamontof

Explorer
I especially like how I can defend myself while sitting in my car with it in "shield mode"..haha

all joking aside, it is pretty cool, I wouldn't mind packing one of those in my gear

Well joke or humor , take look Original base Idea of Russian way to use

Take look that idea [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJjJTyszTtg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJjJTyszTtg[/ame]

Many other countries update and start use that simple tools [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHVvEkEVyIw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHVvEkEVyIw[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPVPgaezBqY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPVPgaezBqY[/ame]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles