AT & OJ Open House May 29th

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Hey the WAVE seats 6...unless you want to stretch out and have the sofa to yourself Jim :)

It would be great to give out a long distance attendence award at the Open House!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Too cool!
It will be good to have you in someone's rig...I would recommend you go on the Smiley Rock if a seat can be found. Our trail will be much milder, historic & scenic, but mild.

1speed

Explorer
Too cool!
It will be good to have you in someone's rig...I would recommend you go on the Smiley Rock if a seat can be found. Our trail will be much milder, historic & scenic, but mild.

Smiley Rock would be great but "beggars can't be choosers". I'll be happy with either! :elkgrin:

Rexsname

Explorer
I don't think you'll have to beg! We're tickled to have you come to visit us from so far away :wings:

I'm really looking forward to this wekend!!

REX

BajaXplorer

Adventurer
Looks like Amy and I will also be making the jaunt up to the other Squaw Peak this weekend. Will meet up with everyone at 68D and I-17. Should be perfect weather.
BX:smiley_drive:

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
I pre-ran the GCOO trip this weekend. This is a scenic route that we will pick up just north of Williams. I saw no less than 20 elk and 2 antelope, the grasses were green and a burst of flowers were out on the Coconino Plateau. This is going to be fun!

gabepari

Explorer
I pre-ran the GCOO trip this weekend. This is a scenic route that we will pick up just north of Williams. I saw no less than 20 elk and 2 antelope, the grasses were green and a burst of flowers were out on the Coconino Plateau. This is going to be fun!

Are you sure they were 20 bounding elk, or just cows and it was you that was "bounding" along, shock-less and tired :sombrero:

Gabe

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
Scott & I will be leading the Smiley Rock trail on Saturday morning in the J8, and will be on 2M channel 146.460. For those attending, please be at the shop (N34.595110° W-112.427454°) at 8AM, as we will be departing promptly at 8:30AM. I know that a few folks will be camping on Mingus Mountain near the trailhead, so there will be two opportunities to meet up with the group. We will be turning off of Hwy 89A at approximately N34.707455° W-112.150030°. Then, the Smiley Rock trailhead is around N34.715067° W-112.177983°. I'm definitely looking forward to this, as it should be a fun & challenging trail - followed by a fun evening at the Adventure Trailers & Overland Journal headquarters!

A .gpx file of the Smiley Rock trail can be downloaded here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/overlandroutes/index.php/Prescott_to_Jerome

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
For those of you that are camping tonight(Friday). Do you have a GPS coordinate for that location. I hope to be out there sometime this evening. My guess is I will camp at the AT/OJ. Drop my trailer and be ready for tomorrows Smiley Rock run. Any info please PM me.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz