AT & OJ Open House May 29th

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Hey folks,

As you may know by now, Adventure Trailers and Overland Journal are now in the same complex in Prescott, AZ. To celebrate our move to the Overlanding Epicenter of the USA and the dust finally settling in our new digs, we are putting on a joint open house/movie night with OJ.

The festivities will run from 3 -9 PM on Saturday May 29th. We'll be grilling dogs & burgers for all until they run out. Bring your own drinks & munchies and a chair if you plan to stay for for the movie after the BBQ. There will undoubtedly be a bunch of cool vehicles and equipment present for show & tell (even a J-8 and a diesel Dormobile!).

Since this is a holiday weekend, we thought some folks might want to make a bit of a trip out of it. On Saturday morning, Jeremy of Overland Journal will lead 10 vehicles (first come first serve basis) on the Smiley Rock trail (class 3.5 on 1-5 scale). On Sunday morning, Mario of Adventure Trailers will lead an overland route (class 2 on 1-5 scale) from Prescott to the Grand Canyon with an overnight camp on Sunday night. This too will be limited to 10 vehicles. Let us know in this thread if you are interested in either.

There are plenty of camping opportunities in the Prescott NF if you plan to hang out and explore. Here is a link to some local camp spots: http://www.prescottlink.com/camping.htm

We hope to see you here!

Attachments

• AT & OJ Center.jpg
    556.9 KB · Views: 312

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Mario, as I'll be up there that weekend, may I be the first to express my interest and looking forward to seeing y'all's new digs.

Last edited:

syke

Adventurer
The wife and I would love to come by for the open house/movie night. We would also like to join in on the Smiley rock and Grand canyon trip.

Smiley rock is in our back yard so if you get a full turn out we are more than willing to give up our seat.

The overland Canyon trip sounds like a blast! :smiley_drive:

abbeyroad

Observer
Mario, Markie and I are planning a 5 week trip from Northern Cal to Co. starting that week. I'd love to take a detour via Prescott. Put us down for Saturday night and your trail run for Sunday to the Grand Canyon.

Craig and Markie

wagner_joe

Adventurer
Put the Wagners down for the GC trip and the open festivities on Sat night.. We'll be hiding out somewhere in the Prescott forest on Thursday.. See ya then!:wings:

Stephen and Cindy Scott will be joining the fun! We will be there on Sat and do the Grand Canyon run on Sunday.

Looking forward to this!

roamingaz

Explorer
I have been trying to find somewhere to go for memorial day weekend so put me down for the Grand Canyon trip. What route are you planning to get there? will my big f150 be able to make the roads?

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Sounds like a good time. I am interested in both the Smiley Rock and the Overland to the Grand Canyon.

dirty Bakers

Conservative
We would love to show up and meet you all, we could be the odd couple out. Our newest family adition will be 20 or so days old so we are not sure if we can make it. We are interested in checking out the facilities, rigs and socializing and ofcourse a movie.
Suggestions: Strange brew, Oh brother where art thou, arsenic and old lace, Great out doors, Gods must be crazy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles