1 ton man fort

ToyFamily

Observer
As of now it's a roll up...It rattles a good bit during drives. I don't even have a walk through and can hear it through the wall. Also it doesn't seal well and also if you don't lock the latch before closing some friends might think it's funny to close the door until it latches....and your locked in with only the emergency exit window :D

The layout is 120"x 78 3/8"..72 3/8" tall in the center.

Nick

ToyFamily

Observer
a little planning progress. I am kind of thinking of just using a nicer memory foam Futon I have for a while to see how I like the set up...so I'll have a bed and couch...Here's what I threw together tonight...In this configuration I think I'll be able to keep the existing cabinets at the front of the box. I'd have to remove the two sets in back. There would be drawers under the futon only as deep as the couch variation allows and also under both counters. The walk through wouldn't work with the Futon...

Nick

Attachments

• man van.jpg
    man van.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 255
  • man van 2.jpg
    man van 2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 188

ToyFamily

Observer
The BFG all terrain 285/75R16 arrived today...putting them on tomorrow. Also stopped by Harbor Freight and picked up some misc. and couldn't resist a 8K winch for the price.

Nick

Attachments

• winch.jpg
    winch.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 126
  • tires.jpg
    tires.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 120

T.Low

Expedition Leader
The BFG all terrain 285/75R16 arrived today...putting them on tomorrow. Also stopped by Harbor Freight and picked up some misc. and couldn't resist a 8K winch for the price.

Nick

Price? What price? I don't see a price anywhere?

ToyFamily

Observer
That'd be it...I'm going to receiver mount it on a tube front bumper so I can pull it to the rear or use it on a trailer..

Got the tires mounted today...Luckily I had the guys at Samco Fab here in Reno do it cause there was some rubbing issues and I had to borrow a hammer to hammer the pinch seam to be able to turn to make it a few miles to the shop and trim....a tire shop would have freaked out :Wow1:... while jacking it up to remove the front tires to cut I got a preview of what the lift will look like...it's going to be sweet!

I also got the metal from Sam and started cutting the pieces for the drop down door.

Nick

Attachments

• tiress.jpg
    tiress.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 282
  • door pieces.jpg
    door pieces.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 115

ToyFamily

Observer
Just took a weeklong trip in it as is with a futon and a cooler in it....hit Lake Mead, Grand Canyon and Moab...came back to Moon Rocks for a couple days too. A 2000mi break in loop.. It worked really well as is, I can't wait for the power stuff...it'll be awesome.

pics to come

Nick

ToyFamily

Observer
Moab and Lake Mead, Grand Canyon. The awnings are great for sun and perfect for camp shower. I actually liked the roll up rear door, it was pretty convenient but I can see on dusty days or bug infested areas it may be an issue if I was going to stay with it.
IMG_4748.jpg

IMG_4678.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

IMG_4667.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

Nick

ToyFamily

Observer
I'm 5'10" and I can stand in it fine with the door closed, my head is touching the roll up door when it's open though but still manageable. Roll up is going away.

Nick

bucketosudz

Explorer
Looking Awesome!!! :victory:
Have you considered removing the trailer mirrors and replacing them with the Ford Factory Tow mirrors? I am going to remove the huge commercial pipe mirrors on mine and do that. Or I will change doors out with a van. I think it would look really nice on yours as well.

ToyFamily

Observer
What are the specs on the wheels, I like those rims.

Stock ford spare tire rims 16"x7", I was going to go with some aftermarket but I like the form follows funtion look and putting more money in important places. I need to snag another for my second spare.

Looking Awesome!!! :victory:
Have you considered removing the trailer mirrors and replacing them with the Ford Factory Tow mirrors? I am going to remove the huge commercial pipe mirrors on mine and do that. Or I will change doors out with a van. I think it would look really nice on yours as well.

Yes, if I stumble across some or some doors but it will be later on the list otherwise. I was thinking that driving along on this trip and seeing a UHAUL.

Nick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior