What style of tires is everyone running?

What type of tire are you running?

• Mud

Votes: 71 46.4%
  • A/T

Votes: 75 49.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters

RR1

Explorer
Both!

I go back and forth.

I had Toyo Open Pro's on there, now I am runn Pro Comp A/T's.

37x12.50R17LT

Pro Comp A/T

104464-md.jpg

Toyo Open Pro

Toyo-Open-Country-MT-Web.jpg

Mounted on Walker Evans beadlocks:

prd.wheels.beadlock.17.01.md.jpg

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
After running both the Goodyear MT/R's and BFG A/T's we are going with the A/Ts from now on. The Goodyears were excellent, lasted a long time and only recently did we have problems with them going out of balance....got over 30k out of them. They performed well in almost everything, but we were not impressed with their performance in the mud or the increased road noise of mudders.

The BFG A/T's have so many miles on them I lost count, and one is running with a plug. They have performed just as well as the MT/R's, with better balancing and less road noise. Since the trucks are also driven as dd's this is important to us.

Our conclusion? Unless you are doing a lot of hardcore rockcrawling, have a dedicated trail rig that doesn't leave your driveway for anything other than adventure, or live somewhere with a ton of mud, there is not much reason to have the MT's on other than cool factor. When the time comes to replace the Goodyears we will be putting BFG A/T's on.

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
BFG KM2 M/T's on the Dodge and America's Tire Pathfinder A/T's on the XJ.
So survey says...1 of each:sombrero:

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
I am pretty set on toyo. On my 4runner I run MT's which are pretty decent on road noise for being a mud tire. I run proxies on the car and A/T's on the NPR.
Dad runs toyo MT on ford f250, granddad runs toyo A/T's on his tundra and my cousin runs toyo A/T's on his chevy 1500.

TimS

Adventurer
Took the snow tires off (cooper's) and installed the Toyo AT's . They seem good so far. I did get stuck once this past friday in some soupy mud. Any tire would of been stuck there. They handled the trail good. Combination of rock gravel, mud, ruts, etc.

rparker762

Observer
I'm running 35" Goodyear MT/Rs with Kevlar. Didn't fall for the Kevlar hype but I have always ran MT/Rs and have never worried about tearing a sidewall or getting stuck for that matter. The new MT/Rs are quieter than the old style though and do perform better in mud. Here is a pic of what I currently run:

100_4894.jpg

The top is in storage and will probably be going back on soon but who knows. I feel for the type of driving and wheeling I do, these tires are perfect.

maximumrob

Adventurer
Jeez guys...how many times do I have to remind y'all that on this forum, it's spelled t-y-r-e-s and there's only one size: 255/85?

S

Street Wolf

Interco TrXus M/T tires ******. Can't even tell you have an aggressive tire on the vehicle when you're going down the highway. Yet they turn into a axe murderer off road, aired down or not. :sombrero:

010-7.jpg

011-6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94