Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BajaRack for the JK installed....

Default BajaRack for the JK installed....

I know I posted these pics in another thread, but just thought I'd start a thread for anyone interested in this rack. I had to call John over at BajaRack to order it, and it was relatively cheaper than some of the other racks ($850 before shipping). This rack is sweet!!! Very solid construction, and I love the way it looks. The customer service from BajaRack has been great as well, always very quick to respond with any questions I have. All in all, I'm very satisfied with their final design, as it attaches to the frame rather than the sheet metal as pictured in their prototypes. I got it for a cross country road trip Im doing in about a month. Hopefully i'll do a few more installs before then....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good. How is the window noise?
    2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JK
    AT JK Habitat #1

Very nice. Can you still remove the Freedom Top with this rack installed? Does it tilt?

Wow, that looks really nice... the standard BajaRack lines suit vehicle particularly well. I love those guys!
    -Mike (KE7ULD)
    Check out my blog thing!
    Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...

The wind noise actually isn't too bad, not much louder than before.

And yes, the freedom tops can still come off, I took them off to help with the install.

Looks awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dank0814 View Post
    The wind noise actually isn't too bad, not much louder than before.

And yes, the freedom tops can still come off, I took them off to help with the install.
    Does the rack pivot on the rear posts? Any comments?
    ~Jason
    97 Jeep TJ, Snorkel, ARBs F&R, long arms, LOD Expedition bumper and rack, some other stuff and a hula girl on dash
    2009 Jeep Rubicon unlimited, 2.5' TF BB and 1.5' spacers.
    2008 AT Chaser; white

I don't see any rack for the JK listed on their website at all? Is this the Mega Mule?

The rack is bolted in 4 places to the front support bar, if you remove them, i'm sure you could tilt it back, it just isn't designed for that.

I love this rack, only complaint is the anti vibration mount padding, it wears down and the mounts start to rattle. Easy fix though, im just going to get some rubber or neoprene to replace it with.

And the rack isn't featured on the website, I called BajaRack directly to ask about it. Talked extensively with John before purchasing, He was very helpful and always got back to me with any questions he couldn't answer on the spot. If anyone wants his contact info, let me know.

Dank I can see you have ahard-top, but do you know if the soft-top can be put up/down with the frame in place or with the rack tilted ?

Strange why they haven't put on their website yet, its good looking and decent price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast