BajaRack for the JK installed....

Dank0814

I know I posted these pics in another thread, but just thought I'd start a thread for anyone interested in this rack. I had to call John over at BajaRack to order it, and it was relatively cheaper than some of the other racks ($850 before shipping). This rack is sweet!!! Very solid construction, and I love the way it looks. The customer service from BajaRack has been great as well, always very quick to respond with any questions I have. All in all, I'm very satisfied with their final design, as it attaches to the frame rather than the sheet metal as pictured in their prototypes. I got it for a cross country road trip Im doing in about a month. Hopefully i'll do a few more installs before then....

Attachments

• 1Jeep.jpg
    1Jeep.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 2Jeep.jpg
    2Jeep.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 306
  • 3Jeep.jpg
    3Jeep.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 252

tibaal89

Adventurer
Wow, that looks really nice... the standard BajaRack lines suit vehicle particularly well. I love those guys! :sombrero:

Dank0814

The wind noise actually isn't too bad, not much louder than before.

And yes, the freedom tops can still come off, I took them off to help with the install.

Dank0814

The rack is bolted in 4 places to the front support bar, if you remove them, i'm sure you could tilt it back, it just isn't designed for that.

I love this rack, only complaint is the anti vibration mount padding, it wears down and the mounts start to rattle. Easy fix though, im just going to get some rubber or neoprene to replace it with.

And the rack isn't featured on the website, I called BajaRack directly to ask about it. Talked extensively with John before purchasing, He was very helpful and always got back to me with any questions he couldn't answer on the spot. If anyone wants his contact info, let me know.

westchester

Dank I can see you have ahard-top, but do you know if the soft-top can be put up/down with the frame in place or with the rack tilted ?

Strange why they haven't put on their website yet, its good looking and decent price.

Dank0814

Westchester, I believe it could be done, but it would probably take a little longer, as to tilt the rack, you would need to remove 4 bolts...As I said before, tilting isn't a feature advertised, it just is able to be done as long as you can control the rack, so I dont think its recommended by bajarack.

And as for the application for the eezi-awn rtt, their expo rack would be perfect for that!!!! Check it out...

Attachments

• Baja_Rack_JK (5).jpg
    Baja_Rack_JK (5).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 93

mountainsoul

Adventurer
And as for the application for the eezi-awn rtt, their expo rack would be perfect for that!!!! Check it out...

Dank,

That looks great. Do you have any more details on this expo rack for the JK? Or can you point me in the right direction to get them?

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles