This way or that way?

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I have always had a sweet spot for the pre-97 ford F250 crew cab short box trucks. I think its a good size without getting too long. The leaf spung TTB front can be swapped out for an F350 solid axle from the same generation ( kingpin and balljoint versions ). You can get them with a decent diesel engine. Lots of room in the cab. Parts are cheap and easy to find for just about everything. You can even use the F150 baja style fiberglass (same generation) to fit some large tires with very little lift.

There don't come up that often for sale, but they are out there, you just have to be patient and watch with cash in hand.

muffin

I drive an 86 F350 with a 6.9 IDI Diesel everyday to and from work, the one thing I would suggest is if your looking for an older Ford, try to find one with a turbo already on it, otherwise its in the ballpark of 1200-2400 for a kit from Hypermax or ATS for one or you have to fab your own. Another option I haven't seen yet on here is an 80's GM pickup with a 6.2 Detroit. They usually get great milage and come with a leaf sprung solid front axle as well(up to 91 in the 'Burbs) and have some of the most widely available parts out there for modification.

wacker12

I do like the old burb's alot but i've found very very few without excessive rust. Mostly an east coast thing i'm sure. we'll have to see what luck i'll have in Ohio, maybe pull something from kentucky or what not.

I SAY HAVE BOTH!

IMG_0593.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz