We test the Ram Runner

Looks like a lot of fun!

I agree the front bar looks a little too small and low compared to the hood line.

When I saw the pictures I was wondering if they shoe-horned the V10 from the Viper in there, but I see it's only a 375 HP 5.7L V8 Hemi.

I wonder about the market for vehicles like this and the Raptor. Seem like it might be quite small, but Dodge has shown a tendency to play in those niche segments.

390 HP for the 2011:ylsmoke:

I have seen internet rumors tht they are going to release it in kit form..

I really want the bumpers..but instead ofdropping 13 grand on the suspension kit from mopar I'll be running Kore suspension.. it keeps the stock track width

haven

Expedition Leader
Here's the parts list, copied from the Chrysler press release:

Pre-Runner Stage II Lift Kit: 5-link coil-spring rear suspension, 4130 chrome moly lower control arms, upper control arms, rebuildable high-angle ball joints and forged steel, high-angle tie rods. Fourteen inches of suspension travel in front and rear, 3-inch internal bypass Fox shocks. (MSRP: $13,270, Part No. P5155662)

Off-Road Front Bumper: Steel construction with integrated aluminum skid plate, high approach angle of 41 degrees provides greater clearance over off-road obstacles. (MSRP: $1,250, Part No. P5155663)

Off-Road Rear Tire Carrier: Rear placement allows for easier access and ability to carry larger tires needed for the off-road. (MSRP: $1,010, Part No. P5155664)

Off-Road Front Fenders: Tough, durable fenders feature wider wheel wells allowing for tremendous suspension articulation, zero tire-to-body interference, and provide an imposing, aggressive look. (MSRP: $1,020, Part No. P5155665)

Off-Road Rear Fenders (6'4″ bed): Tough, durable fenders feature wider wheel wells allowing for tremendous suspension articulation, zero tire-to-body interference, and provide an imposing, aggressive appearance. (MSRP: $1,020, Part No. P5155665)

Sport Performance Hood: Stamped aluminum, dual-scooped hood with molded bezels adds to the forceful appearance of the Ram Runner Kit. (MSRP: $978, Part No. 82211065AD)

5.7L Cat-back Exhaust: Dual exhaust with chromed tips for bumper with cut-outs. (MSRP: $1,135, Part No. P5155280)

haven

Expedition Leader
Pickuptrucks.com tests the Ram Runner

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/08/road-test-review-mopar-ram-runner-by-kore.html

Pickuptrucks.com has an article describing a week spent with a truck built with Ram Runner parts. The vehicle is a used crew cab Ram 1500 V8 4x4, equipped with $20K worth of upgrades, and built by Mopar off-road guru Kent Kroeker.

Conclusion: Despite problems with the brakes and electronics on this vehicle, "For now, the Ram Runner is as close to a dual-purpose Baja-race and street vehicle as you could ever get."

BigAl

Expedition Leader
ram_runner%204.jpg

Thoughts?

1) Were you the driver? me = Jealous!

2) more mundane, Are the hood vents real?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94