CB install in a 100 ?

andyt

Observer
Seems like room is limited to intall a CB and Scanner in the cockpit. Does anyone have any install pictures or ideas ? I already have the equiptment from my previous truck.

trunk monkey

It's a crap shoot without knowing what you've got.

I have a Cobra 75 that's a remote mount, works very well in a 100. Others use a Uniden 520, it's very small and can fit on the sides of the console. You can also get a Cobra that's single DIN sized if you've replaced your double DIN stereo with a single DIN unit.

andyt

Observer
Is the Cobra 75 a good unit or just compact and mediocre ? I guess I have no choice its the ony thing that fits.

trunk monkey

Ah, an old trucker CB. Yeah, about the only place that's going to fit is maybe on the back of the center console or sideways on the tranny tunnel. But, there are plenty of other, much more compact CB's out there. I'd suggest keeping the install clean and getting one of those.

Klierslc

Explorer
The midland unit does not have all of the features of the Cobra 75, but it does allow you to go portable with batteries if you want to leave the vehicle. I researched both radios a couple years ago and ended up with the cobra due to cleaner installation and a bit better performance/quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne