custom camper examples

DzlToy

Explorer
As posted on Page 6 of this thread, a MalTec-built, Gelandewagen-based camper:

39220057_937251956476651_3412603450863648768_n-jpg.479829

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
As posted on Page 6 of this thread, a MalTec-built, Gelandewagen-based camper:
I've always liked the VOX-format campers with their smaller hard-sided pop-up. Unfortunately, they are not in business any longer, nor their follow-up company 'EQ-line'

VOX_format11.jpgVOX_format12.jpgVOX_format15.jpgVOX_format10.jpgVOX_format14.jpgVOX_format13.jpg

Last edited:

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Reactions: mog

s.e.charles

i don't understand the dialog, but am wondering with such a thought-out design why would flake-board be considered a good material for construction? even if it's going to be 'glassed, what can the savings be? not in a monetary amount, but in a value versus time & stress relief context.*

*i think what i'm trying to say is "won't this thing shake apart with little hope of effectual repair possible?".

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
i don't understand the dialog, but am wondering with such a thought-out design why would flake-board be considered a good material for construction? even if it's going to be 'glassed, what can the savings be? not in a monetary amount, but in a value versus time & stress relief context.*

*i think what i'm trying to say is "won't this thing shake apart with little hope of effectual repair possible?".

just watched it. Brilliant! Guy is first building it out of osb to get a feel for it. During this process he discovered a couple of details that needed changes. He is estimating 3 years to complete.

how do people get something like that registered?

i assume it's not insured.
Unlike most self respecting 1st world countries, much of the US doesn’t have roadworthy inspections every 1-2 years.
The probability that the pictured object is a roadworthy vehicle asymptotically approaches zero.

Porkchopexpress

how do people get something like that registered?

i assume it's not insured.
I would think the truck is insured. Slide in campers are basically considered cargo. I'm guessing the giant camper extending in front and behind the truck violates more than one regulation and the owner would have a hard time collecting from the insurance company if he was involved in an accident. They are definitely vulnerable to civil liability if they cause damage to property or injury.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles