Fridge/Freezer 101

northwest1

Well the trip is getting postponed due to a set back in the new leaf packs. The bushings didnt come in and well lets just say the truck is not going anywhere until they come in.lol I will post a review on the new packs as soon as I get them all tested and flexed out. I can say that the onboard water system took a turn for the better. The stove and sink will need to be replanned again but hot water is important! I will post it all when I get it done. Cheers Matt

dhvsfan

Hmmm, I thought this was supposed to be Fridge/Freezer 101. It looks like a more advanced class though like 102 or 201.

Just to be OCD, their are two types of fridges. Compressor and Absorption. The compressor ones run only on electricity such as 120V AC/12V DC. While the absorption fridge runs on heat. All three-way fridges (120V AC/12V DC/Propane) are absorption fridges. (Modern ones probably use a little bit of juice to run fans, etc)

Absorption fridges used to be very sensitive and required being near level.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program :)

northwest1

Dont forget the TE coolers.lol The ones like Coleman that last as long as one road trip and work like crap. Another "you get what you pay for" thing. I have to credit Will for the next quote
"To select a means of refrigeration one must first understand the different types. There are three basic types of refrigeration used in portable fridge/freezers; thermoelectric refrigeration, absorption refrigeration, and refrigeration using reciprocating compressors."

dhvsfan

:oops: Totally embarrassed about not looking at the link.

I suspect that this is not used in small fridges but Lithium Bromide/Water is used in large scale absorption cooling systems.

Totally forgot about TE systems.

Doesn't anyone make a non-reciprocating compressor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94