Mitsubishi 4D56T into a 1988 Mazda B2600

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
What do you plan on doing about the power brakes? Hydroboost of some sort or just a vacuum motor of some sort? Also, what about tach drive?

If he got the complete engine, the alternator in the 4d56 has a vacuum pump on the back of it. (I found this out the hard way a few years ago, when the seals let go, and I had an oil soaked alternator. In January. Pre-garage. Doh.)

4M40 (2.8) has a vac pump on the side of the block, in case you ever want to "upgrade"... heheh... just joshing you... :sombrero:

tomaco1

Observer
there is a vacuum pump off the back of the Alternator for the brake booster.

I found a converter that is supposed to make the stock tach read the tach lead from the alternator.

Viggen

Just here...
If he got the complete engine, the alternator in the 4d56 has a vacuum pump on the back of it. (I found this out the hard way a few years ago, when the seals let go, and I had an oil soaked alternator. In January. Pre-garage. Doh.)

4M40 (2.8) has a vac pump on the side of the block, in case you ever want to "upgrade"... heheh... just joshing you... :sombrero:

So its like the Isuzu 2.8 and 3.1 diesels then? Whats the output on the alternator though? The Isuzu has the same set up but the output is only 80 amps which would make running lights, fridge, winch, etc... a bit difficult.

tomaco1

Observer
If you have an 87-88 the tranny/ t/c will bolt right up. For your truck I think you need the bellhousing from the 87 or an 88. But from the bellhousing back its supposed to be the same.

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
What I meant was will the Mazda t-case bolt up to the Mitsubishi tranny that comes with the 4D56. The Mitsubishi t-case front out put is on the wrong side. It would be nice to use the Mitsubishi diesel tranny for it's taller gear ratios.

tomaco1

Observer
Truck is sitting for the summer, but I did find a guy who is going to import some suspension parts(lift) from Australia.

tomaco1

Observer
Ironman Lift Kit

The Lift kit is in, 2.5in lift from Ironman. Sits high in the rear, needs bigger tires.

My Mechanic/teacher is impressed with the quality of the kit.
4 gas shocks/torsion bars/leafs grease-able pins and shackles.
a bit pricey at about $1000

Haven't got the front wheels back on yet so I can't judge how the front-rear height will be.

Engine is in, but got a bit distracted with the lift kit and replacing everything in the front end.

Attachments

• DSC_5705.JPG
    DSC_5705.JPG
    794.8 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_5704.JPG
    DSC_5704.JPG
    878.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_5700.JPG
    DSC_5700.JPG
    764.9 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC_5699.JPG
    DSC_5699.JPG
    762.3 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_5698.JPG
    DSC_5698.JPG
    821.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_5701.JPG
    DSC_5701.JPG
    775 KB · Views: 49

jfiedler

i was looking at the lift and it says 1.6" total lift? do you have the website you got this from? i would love to have one on my b2600

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles