Suburban Tiers

joker_fly

Well i finaly got me a burb =) 1500 4x4 1995 350/700

Now im looking in to tires and i need help =)

How big can i go with only doing a cutout fender mod? (More about this later)

im Currently running 285/75 16 (33"?) but it looks so small and skinny

Need a good open M/T tread and WIDE tire rim combo, dont do mudding only snow wheeling

Any Ideas ?

Im thinking of doing a fender cutout mod but im wondering what the real gain is ? will bigger tires fit ? and how complicated is it ?

I want to runn 35" but i dont want to lift it

Kim / Sweden

Northman

Adventurer
Hello Kim , 33" is the Maximum without any Lift . For 35" you have to cutting the Front Fenders on the Rear Side 2-3" . But i think , 33" is more than enough for your Axles . If you only want to cruising in Snow , M/T's are not the right Tires for you . Do you have any Pics of your Truck ?
Greetings from Germany

Peter

bftank

Explorer
maybe some wide mickey thompson's seems to be popular in ice land. those trucks are usually lifted a little though.

joker_fly

Thanks for the answers

But i know what tiers im getting so i dont need help with that thanks any ways

the problem is i dont know how big i can go with cutout fenders and no lift

78Bronco

Explorer
I would think you can stuff 35's without any issues with some trimming and no lift. First do not run a 15x10 wheel because it will push the tire outboard and require more trimming. Stick with a 15x8 wheel with a neutral offset.

the biggest drawback will be stopping the rust after you cut the metal and expose fresh sheetmetal.

I wouldn't hesitate to go to your local tire dealer and have them test fit a 35x12.5" tire for you so you can see how much you need to trim.

When aired down an M/T tire works fine in the snow and IMO is far more versatile than A/T tire. I like BFG's and the Cooper would be my first choice as they give good bang for the buck.

bftank

Explorer
sorry you r post made it look like you were looking for tires as well. long story short anything wider than a 12.5 wide tire will either rub the wheel well or the fender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online