Camping Lab?

ibondt

less one serengtti trailer tent, mine should be arriving today:wings:

Fernando has been great to deal with for me as well

AZchris

Adventurer
I talked to Fernando a couple weeks ago. I forgot to post it up. He won't have any RTTs until end of July/begining Aug. I had to order from TRDParts4U.

I called him a couple of weeks ago, after not getting any email responses. He told me there would be none until August. I went and got one off eBay.

It kind of sucks, I've read good things about the company, but didn't want to wait until August to see if there would really have them then or not.

rk_az

Adventurer
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. That's really unfortunate. I guess I need to start shopping around.

Anyone know anything about the CVT (Cascadia Vehicle Tents) brand tents? They look like another version of the same Chinese made tent, and the price isn't bad, even when you allow for shipping.

AZchris

Adventurer
Anyone know anything about the CVT (Cascadia Vehicle Tents) brand tents? They look like another version of the same Chinese made tent, and the price isn't bad, even when you allow for shipping.

I just ordered one, got a killer deal on eBay. It looks exactly the same as the Camping Lab tent.

I talked to the owner today, he says he only has a couple more left, but will be ordering for the spring (arriving in April). He said that his are coming from the same factory that is putting out the ARB tents. I can't verify that, but the guy sounded legit.

I will let you know how it is when it gets here.

rk_az

Adventurer
Ha, that's funny! I guess we will both find out, I just ordered one through their website yesterday.

OffaRex

Observer
I ran into the same issue (though Fernando was quick to respond that he wouldn't have any tents until at least the middle of July). So, I just ordered a Mombasa tent from Jeremy at ExpeditionOps. Their website is being rebuilt right now, but Jeremy was very responsive to my questions and had the tent in stock for a great price. It should be here on Monday.

DarthBeaver

Adventurer
Well it looks like three of us are in the same boat as I just ordered the last one CVT had... The owner, John, was a nice guy. I had intended to buy a camping lap RTT but he was out of stock and the timeframe (aug) was not what I needed (and to be clear Fernando was quick to respond and very nice.)

So hope the gamble pays off...

will post pics and thoughts!

Darth Beaver

Last edited:

flashooter

Observer
Met with Fernando today and picked up a Serengeti RTT. Very Nice guy, tent is awesome. ONly got to mess with it for a little bit so far but it seems very well built. A little more money then the camping lab brand but he had it in stock and ready to go.

jklukan

Cvt

Did you get your tent from the Ebay Purchase and how is it if you have, and how long did it take for you to get it? I just bought one on Ebay and cannot get them to answer any of my questions. Thanks, Joe.

AZchris

Adventurer
I haven't gotten mine yet, but im in Boulder, CO right now. Hoping it will be home when i get there.

He was good about getting back to me, sorry he's been slow to respond.

rk_az

Adventurer
AZchris, DarthBeaver and I apparently bought the last three that he had. If he is out of stock, perhaps he should have taken down the Ebay ad.

My tent arrived at the UPS freight yard yesterday, and I am picking it up after work today. Unfortunately, I leave for vacation tomorrow and won't be able to report on much besides the condition of the box until after I return.

AZchris

Adventurer
I just checked my tracking status and mine is in PHX at the UPS freight yard, It should get to me today or tomorrow.

rk_az

Adventurer
I picked mine up there yesterday, it arrived in good condition. Got it unpacked and assembled last night, the only problem being the zipper slider was squeezed shut and I could not get the zipper started. Some needle-nosed pliers fixed that. I hope to get it fitted to the trailer this morning. If I do, I will post a photo or two in the photo thread over in the trailer section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online