Unicat Americas International 7400

haven

Expedition Leader
I took these three photos of the Unicat expedition cabin on an International 7400 4x4 chassis at SEMA in 2006.

unicat-americas-7400-exterior.jpg

unicat-americas-7400-cab.jpg

unicat-americas-7400-interior.jpg

I think this vehicle is for sale. You can see more photos on the Unicat Americas site, http://www.unicatamericas.com/

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I just found my Unicat again :bike_rider:

Attachments

• P5240003.JPG
    P5240003.JPG
    856.9 KB · Views: 70

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Do we know (or even dare ask), what kind of fuel mileage that beast gets?
The fine print of the description says 8 mpg at 60 mph. I'd guess, though, that if you can afford the $600K to buy it, you can find the money to fill it. Most of us, though, would find the concept of a $750 fillup a challenge. (And if you had one of those pumps that only does $75 at a time . . . :) )

You go inside and hand them your credit card and tell them you're going to buy $450 of fuel and you can pump all in one fell swoop...

Charlie

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Actually, for the size of that rig, 8MPG sounds pretty reasonable. Of course "reasonable" and "I can afford it" are two completely different concepts. Nice to dream about though...

Spence

D

Deleted member 9101

Too bad its a automatic...I would make them toss in a "straight 10" and then i would be happy...lol

EuroJoe

Adventurer
Actually, for the size of that rig, 8MPG sounds pretty reasonable. Of course "reasonable" and "I can afford it" are two completely different concepts. Nice to dream about though...

Spence

I had an 82 chevy that got 10MPG, 8 aint so bad! :smiley_drive:

The truck in question has an Allison 6 spd, I believe a 3000 series
My U500 has an autoshifting manual which is really just an electropneumatically controlled clutch with electropneumatically controlled shifting.
It has also an emergency clutch pedal.
It has manual shifting mode as well.
It is an 8 spd. 9.57-0.736 with 5.77 and 55.8 "transfer" gears as well.

Charlie

Offtrack

Offtrack Traveler
Autos in the big trucks, fuel tankers with autos and buses have worked very well for me. They preform super and will hold hill decents fine along with many advantages over a manual. One thing I like about the autos as you have a little less to mess with when your in a bad spot/bad road or heavy traffic and maneuvering, for me I can focus on driving more and less on clutch and shifting. Logged many miles in behind both types and behind the wheel of a Prevost motor coach/Marathon coach (bus). Its about 50K lbs and the 500 Hp Series 60 along with the 6 sp Allison world trans. Really works great and smooth, just not at all an expo rig, strictly a pavement queen, will get goofy on wet grass if your not careful and have the tag axle down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles