Alternative to Smittybilt seat covers...

Tripp

While browsing through the threads here I found the Smittybilt seat cover thread and commented on it. Since then I found a similar alternative to them here on the Soldier Systems website. While I am not planning on buying anything like it in the future they are still interesting and do provide an alternative.

The Team Wendy Portable Seat and Tactical Storage Cover is comprised of three components; Tactical Storage Cover with Pouches, a Portable Seat Pad, and Lumbar Cushion. It is modular in design making it easy to install. The Portable Seat Pad has been available for some time and proven quite popular with military and civilians alike. Imagine the same type of padding you enjoy in your helmet pads but in your seat. It works with or without the Lumbar Cushion to accommodate body armor systems. You can see in the photo that it is removable.

375dffc4bba71e8e82ac7d534b76d3a0.jpg
b6521ecae8750e35987ddf180e1dc56a.jpg

The Tactical Storage Cover folds over to cover both the front and back of the vehicle seat and zippers to the Seat Base. Elastic straps secure the cover around the vehicle seat back and non-slip Grippium™ strips help keep the cover in position on the seat frame. While others have produced what are essentially seat covers swathed in PALS webbing, the Team Wendy design is unique. Stout pull handles are attached to the PALS panels which allow them to be “torn away” in an emergency. The PALS panels are attached to the Tactical Storage Cover via a combination of hook and pile tape and snaps in order to keep full panels from sagging during extended operations. In fact, this set up is secure enough to support up to a 50 lbs load in the pouches. What’s more, the tear away panels can be pulled open to reveal small storage cubbies. In addition to large and small utility pouches offered by Team Wendy, any PALS-compatible pouch will fit on the TSC.

The TSC Set includes Tactical Storage Cover with both pouches, Portable Lumbar Pad, and Portable Seat Pad. The entire set is Berry Compliant available in Coyote Brown, Universal Camo, and Black.ADS offers the Portable Seat and Tactical Storage Cover.

alexfm

Explorer
just browsing through their website, the covers seem like a very nice product, but they are almost 3 times the cost of the G.E.A.R covers. Just my 2 cents.

Alex.

Bella PSD

Explorer
The system is capable of maintaining 80 F in ambient temperatures as high as 130 F for up to six hours, helping to manage core body temperature and mitigate heat-related stress and injury.

I like that cooling effect. The G.E.A.R. seat covers get sweaty after a while. I guess this is where the extra cost comes in.

Box Rocket

Thanks for posting this. I've been looking for an alternative to the Smittybuilt covers. These aren't cheap, but it gives me something to think about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94