Top Ramen Noodles...Yum, Yum

HINO SG

Adventurer
Top Ramen, tuna, Tobasco and a bit of cheese sprinkled on top. A dorm rat staple.

been there, done that. still there once in awhile.

Ramen trivia fact #4159: given a chance, mice will eat Ramen noodles. never had a problem with them tucking into the pasta stash, last year they ate 5+ pkages of Ramen in a couple of weeks.

desertrover

Adventurer
Ramen pancakes: Cook and strain noodles, stir in one or two scrambled raw eggs, fry in a pan. Top with salsa, cheese, ketchup, sour cream, or whatever else you have.

Fried Ramen: Cook noodles al dente, cut into 1-2" lengths with clean scissors, fry in a skillet with a splash of oil. Top with chili oil, hot sauce, soy sauce, or whatever is handy.

The tuna/ramen+ tabasco really is a dorm/barracks staple. The pre-strained tuna packets are even light enough to take backpacking.

Happy inexpensive cooking!

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
Seriously? Noodles, water and a flavor packet are going to kill me? Just about every bad thing that I can think of? :yikes:

Actually the noodles and water are okay. You do need a Material Safety Data Sheet if you have the flavor packets at work.

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
noodles are bad too!
processed, fried, high in fat.
Pour water in w/ just noodles. You will see the oil slick.

Instant noodles are sodium, msg and artery clogging bombs.

I'll eat one every once in a while but never the cup ramen. Never buy the cup or bowl ones- dioxins & oxidized fat

you can get good instant ramen like koyo or annie chun's
easy and good ingredients

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
A lot of the no-preservatives and all natural instant noodles are outrageously expensive though, like $1.19 compared to $0.29.

x32792

Adventurer
Noodle Prices & Recipes

A lot of the no-preservatives and all natural instant noodles are outrageously expensive though, like $1.19 compared to $0.29.

I get a six pack of "Chicken-In-Name-Only" Top Ramen Noodles at my local Publix (Florida) grocery store for 99 cents...That's 16.5 cents a pop.

Keep the recipes coming...I'm loving this thread.

John

M

modelbuilder

Chicken Flavor Ramen Packet, Diced Hard Boiled Egg, Chopped Chives, Fresh Crushed Pepper, and a dash of soy sauce.

Cook Noodles and add everything else towards the end.

Loopie

Adventurer
A fair bit of variation with the 'flavour packet' ingredients on these noodle soups...and the order in which they are listed(they are supposed to be listed highest percentage of the total contents to least)
If #1 is salt and #2 is MSG...the worst:chef:

BlueBomber

Adventurer
Ramen noodles are AWESOME! I got some knock-off insant noodles that had some spanish name. Boy, were they SPICY! I saved 'em for when I had a cold, they would clear my nose for a couple hours.

JohnMcD348

Observer
This thread does bring back memories. Right after I got out of the Navy, I spent a month in the Ocala National Forest, just camping, hiking and staying as far away from people as I could get. I went off hunting season and had my Uncle drop me off at the North end of the main trail and told him to pick me up in a month at the south end.

My Pack was filled with Ramon noodles, a water filter and some other minor food items(Jerky, GORP, etc.) and I carried a little fishing kit with me. That was 15 years ago. Man I wish I could do that again. I really don't think I've eaten any since that time. Guess I need to go stock up this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior