That loop thingy on the rear of Montero's

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Posting here because of better exposure, I hope. The forged/cast loop bolted to where a pintle hitch looks like it would go in/on the rear bumper. I'd like to buy one of them and maybe a couple. Is there a reasonably priced source? I've seen one that was a weldment, not too interested in those.

TIA

max2

stop by a mitsubishi stealership and talk to the mechanics. they take them off when they install trailor hitches...some of the techs might have a few laying around.

Cambo

Adventurer
Depending on where you are, check your local pick n pull. I see a lot of them there. It is half price this weekend to boot!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Posting here because of better exposure, I hope. The forged/cast loop bolted to where a pintle hitch looks like it would go in/on the rear bumper. I'd like to buy one of them and maybe a couple. Is there a reasonably priced source? I've seen one that was a weldment, not too interested in those.

TIA

You can also buy something stronger like this for $18/pair...
weld%20on%20clevis%2001.jpg

Buy it here... http://www.comp4x4.com/fabricatorparts/Weldonclevismount.html

I just did a yahoo search for bumper fabricator parts to bring that up but I'm sure other sources for similar snatch points exist.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Montero's seem to be rare in the local JY's, but I'll keep an eye out for them. I'm not even sure where a Mitsu dealership is! I'll have to look them up.

I can build those fabricator parts for about what they cost. (http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u196/ntsqd/Toyota Stuff/Patch/3cf4.jpg) What I'm after is a nice forging (?) that I can simply bolt onto a rear bumper rather than a kludgey part that I have to build and then weld on. I want to keep welds out of this part. The Montero parts are intriguing because they appear to use the same bolt pattern as a small pintle hitch.

Thanks for the pointers!

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Cambo, you have a PM. Nice enough that he picked it up for me, I sure don't expect him to ship it on his dime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94