Ham / CB radio mounting in FJ60

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
I cant seem to find a good place to mount my Ham radio in my 60. There was a good place in the dash but I have that cool tilt meter in the hole.

Attachments

• P5311506 small.JPG
    P5311506 small.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 79

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Hmmm... that is a tough one. Communication and situational awareness or a way-cool in-dash inclinometer that gives you unequivocal confirmation that you are leaning to one side or another or pitched fore or aft. This will take some thought... :rolleyes:

Willman

Have you already bought your radio? Or what brand do you have that you are trying to mount?

bj70_guy

Adventurer
I was wondering that too. Could be easier to find a spot for a removable faceplate model than a 1 piece. Means you need a more expensive dual band model though.

I bolted one to the front of the center console in my BJ70, worked ok.

Willman

I was wondering that too. Could be easier to find a spot for a removable faceplate model than a 1 piece. Means you need a more expensive dual band model though.

I bolted one to the front of the center console in my BJ70, worked ok.

Bingo!

bj70_guy

Adventurer
center console might be ok for you then.
Blurry shot of the 7800 in my BJ74:

Attachments

• 7800.jpg
    7800.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 27

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
Radio Mounting

I like removing the ashtray opening the hole for it and repainting. I need to look behind and see if thats possible.

NorCalLC

Adventurer
I made a bracket out of 1/8" steel and anchored it to my seat bracket on the drivers side. I turned it sideways along the center console so my leg is just alongside of it while driving. It's a first draft only and wont be the end all of things.

I'll try to get a picture posted tomorrow and I'll show you Sat if we make it to your neck of the woods for that beer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles