Hannibal Awning on LR D90 1.5m vs. 1.7m

Sirocco

Explorer
Does anybody here have a Hannibal side awning on their D90?

Just wondering what size to go for. I have been told only 1.5m ones will fit, but is this due to the length of the rack?

I have the option of buying a 2nd hand unit that is a 1.7m version. I would bolt this direct to the external roll cage (not sure exactly how yet) but will it fit without overhang?

would love to hear comments and see pics. hopefully I can get the 1.7m one on as its going for a good price.

Cheers,

G

JackW

Explorer
I have a 1.5m Hanniabl on my D-90 - I'm not sure a 1.7 would fit. I've seen 1.7m on 110's.

On the other hand the 1.7m could probably be narrowed up a bit - the cross bar at the end is the only mechanical difference and a canvas shop could modify the cover so if its cheap enough - go for it.

Sirocco

Explorer
I did not think of modifying it, that is a good point. cheers :)

Looking at your pic, the rear of the awning does not take up all of the roof line. As it is not being fitted to the Hannibal rack I may still have room to squeeze this on.

It is cheap enough, so worth a purchase even if I cannot get it to fit.

G

Hannibal USA

Adventurer
1.9M Hannibal Awning on D90

Hi there-

We've got a 1.9M Hannibal awning mounted on the side of our D90. The 1.5 is designed for the rear of the Hannibal rack. 1.9M fits just fine on the side.

Hannibal_05 19 10_0082.jpg

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
is there anything wrong with having the awning extend further fore and aft of the roof rack?

My camping lab awning goes a fair bit past my windscreen and nothing seems amiss...

just wondering if y'all have different limitations with the awning or vehicle mount?

Sirocco

Explorer
is there anything wrong with having the awning extend further fore and aft of the roof rack?

My camping lab awning goes a fair bit past my windscreen and nothing seems amiss...

just wondering if y'all have different limitations with the awning or vehicle mount?

Not really Big D, Its just the lanes here in the UK are a bit "tight" (Land Cruisers will not fit down some in Wales due to width issues) and trees tend to love hanging onto anything not rounded or smooth.

I did not realise Hannibal did a 1.9m version. I always thought it was 1.5/1.7/2.0m and 2.4m for the sides.

Anyway, all seems fine, cheers! :coffeedrink:

G

lcsodiver

Adventurer
The only problem I could see is if it caught on tree branches in a tight trail. But that really depends on where you wheel. :ylsmoke: I have limb risers on my truck, and use them quite often..... but some people never see trees :sombrero:

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Not really Big D, Its just the lanes here in the UK are a bit "tight" (Land Cruisers will not fit down some in Wales due to width issues) and trees tend to love hanging onto anything not rounded or smooth.

I did not realise Hannibal did a 1.9m version. I always thought it was 1.5/1.7/2.0m and 2.4m for the sides.

Anyway, all seems fine, cheers! :coffeedrink:

G

Yeah, no I understand now. Its like the pacific northwest folk here. Lots of tree's make for very "clean", uncluttered rigs.

Tree's just rip everything else off.

cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior