Blitz 5 Gallon Enviro-Flo Gas Can

stolenheron

Explorer
i hate the plastic blitz cans. we ahve about 6 of them in my garage in various 1-5 gallon sizes for our hurricane reserves. we use the gas to run our generator during hurricane season and yeah, they love to leak when you're pouring out the last half of the can.

total junk, buy a NATO can or 2 and you'll be golden.

Wyowanderer

Explorer
you got to get the spout separate for 8 or 10 bucks, thats lame, i got a funnel for a buck cause I'm cheep and aconscientious objector to buying something separate for it to work...talk tedious, I didn't spill any, but it took a decade to get that gas in. And what's with the pressure in the can? First it was bloated then squished in then back and forth...
No I would not recommend this can to a friend: one and a half stars

On a scale of one to ten, I agree. One and one half. MINUS one and one half.
These containers are useful in a garage only in my opinion.
Better to buy some NATO cans and not waste your money.

I really like my Scepter fuel cans (not the nato type). I'm not sure how the new enviro-flo stuff effected their products, but they sealed well and had a good pour spout before. Something else to consider.

rynosurf

Adventurer
I hate them.

I live in the AZ desert. The repeated heating and cooling cause them to first swell up and then shrink down. This causes stress fractures and then leaks. Also the filler spout components are cheap plastic and fail easily. When broken it is very difficult to get the fuel out. Which leaves you with a can of fuel but no way to get it out of the container except to remove the fill spout and pour. Bad...
I was going to say the same thing, The ones that I own get pretty distorted after driving through the mountains and down into the hot desert. Have you thought about the motorcycle fuel jugs? http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/188/7342/ITEM/LC-5-Gallon-Utility-Jug.aspx
They cost a little more but are pretty durable. You can get a blue one for your water too.

Bubba

I can say that these cans are my last choice. I have one that we needed for my brothers bike to make a gas mix. This can has been inside for about 3 months, in my shop which is mostly insulated and might only get to 100 degrees when the sun is beating. While out there cleaning stuff with the A/C on for several hours with an ambient temperature of about 75-80 degrees. This is what the can looked like when I took it out to vent it, you can see why. It was bloated about 2 inches in each direction. The vent works well but it causes alot of pressure build up. So for direct vehicle based storage I would recommend them only if you have no other options.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I don't have the EnviroFlo, but ones just like it. Basically, the body is exactly the same, but the spout is different. I hate them, but it they aren't the worst. I have another can that I think is officially the worst ever, due to the spout system. On that can, the spout won't open until is it inserted into a fuel filler valve or the provided funnel, and the vent is so bad that it takes forever to empty the can, and the spout doens't seal, so fuel dribbles out as I'm emptying... I've only used it once or twice and gave up.

Anyway, back to these cans: I have 4, and I use them for my "strategic fuel reserve". I keep them in my shed out back away from the house. I did store one inside my car, once, and it leaked and ruined our trip from the smell... so I don't do that anymore. To-from the gas station and my shed, or in my trailer. That's it.

soonenough

Explorer
I don't have the EnviroFlo, but ones just like it. Basically, the body is exactly the same, but the spout is different. I hate them, but it they aren't the worst. I have another can that I think is officially the worst ever, due to the spout system. On that can, the spout won't open until is it inserted into a fuel filler valve or the provided funnel, and the vent is so bad that it takes forever to empty the can, and the spout doens't seal, so fuel dribbles out as I'm emptying... I've only used it once or twice and gave up.
You mean this one? This is the only thing I've used that's worse than the Enviro-Flo, and it's WAY worse. This is without a doubt the most pathetic excuse for a spout ever. I think that's why they were only on the market for a while; the Enviro-Flo showed up shortly after and (I'm assuming) replaced it.

31733%205%20Gallon%20Spill-Proof%20(CARB).jpg

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
The can was different, but the spout was similar. I should take a picture.

I don't understand how these things ever make it past the regulators. It was all done in an attempt to reduce vapor loss during filling, but then resulted in spilling at least 1% of the gas on the ground. That was at best. I've had it spill upwards of 10% of what I poured. It wouldn't shut off when I removed the nozzle from the funnel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior