2010 Dodge Cummins 3/4 Ton Crew Cab

sapper

Adventurer
First off I am not new to the outdoors and this in not my first 4x4 either. I have been wheeling for quite sometime and started when I was nearly 4 with my parents. I have been in the military for nearly 15 years now and started to want to have a vehicle that I could depend on to get me somewhere anytime and be able to live out of it for extended periods.

I like going places it seems that time has forgot or people rarely visit. I hate public camp grounds and want to be completly away from people when I camp and travel.

The is a new truck and I want to retain the warrenty for as long as I can on it and I am building a buggy with unimog axles for the more hostile areas. So for now I am just making it better suited to living out of for extended periods and be able to secure all our gear when away from the vehicle.

Starting out all ordered and picking up soon

-Raider RCC Canopy with side bins on both sides of the truck (pick it up soon)
- Full lenght bed slide to store equipment and to build a small platform over to have a small sleeping are above.
- Lights (LOTS under the canopy all LED)
- 2 Extra lights in the rear bumper
- 4 Lightforce forward
- 1 10" Rigid LED Amber Flood/Fog
- 15 Watt solar panel roof mounted
- Viair Compressor and 5 Gal tank

Later
- Bumper eventually to house a winch (I hate not having one on my truck as I miss the piece of mind it provides) And to protect all the rads on this truck that hang so low.
- Roof top tent. I am still trying to figure out which one I want.
- Awning
- Diesel Water heater/shower
- Thule Table attached to the bedslide
- Double beadlocks and 35-37's (I am waiting on a set of 20 combat wheels like the ones I have already to show up so I can recenter them and get away from 16.5's as they would require caliper clearance to fit.

I also have to build and secure all the gear I want to stay in the truck.
- Ready Welder
- Tools (including impact gun)
- Spill kit
- Fire extingwisher
- First Aid Kit
- survival kit (snares/fire starter)
- Camping gear minus the kitchen gear but I will have a portable stove and potset
- Hi-lift
- shovel
- axe
- pick
- multimeter
- electrical repair kit

P5200690.jpg

P5200694-1.jpg

Not even a week old and I was cutting the bumper open.

P6050781.jpg

P6050784.jpg

P6100788.jpg

I have this mounted now as well but I smashed my camera doing it and I can't get it to take any more pictures. It tucks inside the bumper rather well and It can't come out without removing the bumper or tow hook.

Last edited:

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Are you going to try and insulate the canopy from the inside?
My buddy has one with the outside accessible storage enclosures on his F350 and you can see daylight through the gaps at the corners etc.
I'm sure you know it gets chilly in AB at night, even in the summer time and I'd think adding some sort of insulation to the interior of the capp would keep you that much cozier out in the bush. ;)

sapper

Adventurer
I have never seen personally one of the Raider RCC caps other than pictures. I pick it up on the 24th and I will make the call then.

I was planning to skin it from the inside in areas that may see occasional impacts as .035 aluminum is very thin and will show marks quickly.

I may use the panel style insulation inside the framed area I cover off.

LimaMikeMike

Observer
Thats an amazing looking dodge, Did they start finally offering the power wagon alcoas in a pkg for the diesels or did you add them yourself?

LimaMikeMike

Observer
- Double beadlocks and 35-37's (I am waiting on a set of 20 combat wheels like the ones I have already to show up so I can recenter them and get away from 16.5's as they would require caliper clearance to fit.

If you're going part with the PW wheels--PM me.

sapper

Adventurer
The wheels came with the truck. They come with the TRX4 Package. This package worked out cheaper than the SLT or ST with the same options. Plus there is no chrome and kinda a sleeper.

sapper

Adventurer
I have been looking at both Carli and Kore for upgrades. I had the truck today down some really washboard roads that my old truck floated over and I never noticed this truck was damn near sideways. The truck was empty and I think that once I get some weight of the rear axles it will soften it up a bit. I also plan to add the Firestones in the rear very soon and I am really curious as to how they will change the back of the truck.

jasonL_031

Adventurer
nice looking truck i was going to go with one almost exactly the same when i bough my new truck just couldnt get the financing so i went with a ford lol..... is it me or are those the pmqs in edmonton?? lol.

sapper

Adventurer
PMQ's in Cold Lake. Might be posted next summer I hope and I want to have a lot of the mods done before then so I can enjoy the trip.

jerstw

Adventurer
Great looking rig and nice plan for the build up. If you could post a pic once you get the cap / topper on would appreciate it.

Thanks

sapper

Adventurer
Well I spent most of this evening attacking the factory wiring harness. I soldered into the highbeam, fog light, and reverse lights to allow for my lights to have automatic controls. I will still be able to turn them on manually as well. I am still not sure where I am going to mount the relays. I want them somewhere easy to access so I will more than likely mount them under the canopy.

I also ran 2 12awg wires to the back of the box for when the canopy gets added to the truck next week. This way I am ready to tie the solar panel into the truck right away as well as have a spot to draw power for my lights for the canopy.

The place that I am getting my canopy from called yesterday to let me know it is in. They also do spray in liners and I am having them spray the tools trays before I come in so I don't have to hear my tools move as much as well as not ding as easily.

bdbecker

Adventurer

That flush mount rear light setup is pretty slick - where did you get them? I couldn't bring myself to put a utility light hanging down from the rear bumper because I know I will tear it off as soon as I get it mounted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste

Members online