2010 Dodge Cummins 3/4 Ton Crew Cab

JayT

Sapper, pretty sure I saw this truck parked outside the Engineer School in Gagetown? Can you confirm this?

I'll be back at the Arty School in a couple weeks and wouldn't mind taking a look in person.

sapper

Adventurer
Long overdue update.

Truck is now paid off and running like a top.

Added spyntec locking hub kit with Warn premium hubs after the front u-joints packed it in. Other then this just oil changes and basic maint such as tires and batteries.

5 years now on my current setup and still going strong. Added a 20" eBay special light bar to my reverse lights but really haven't changed anything. Need to repair/replace the rear latch as it has got very stiff from a bit of rust. Been cross country now 3 times with in all seasons and still love this setup. Not looking forward to the next truck and having to start over again. Only things I would change are I would go to a tapered front and instead of the bed slide I would use a DECKED bed storage system.

sapper

Adventurer
I forgot that I broke the factory trailer hitch during one trip which resulted in another upgrade. I lost all faith in the "bumper bar" that call a hitch.

sapper

Adventurer
20k hitch below factory. Had to clearance the 5" exhaust a bit because it would rattle in reverse.

This was last trips average mileage while towing the M101a2.

And how it sits now minus the light just added to rear to help when backing in the trailers at night.

sapper

Adventurer
I should start a new thread for the wife's 2015 Rubicon unlimited and my new adventure vehicle a 2015 Can Am commander.

sapper

Adventurer
Well the truck is getting a complete going through and refresh with several updates and upgrades as well. Been very difficult and slow progress but it’s all going to be worth it in the end. 70,000 Kms on the hub kit and they were due for a repack by my standards but no wearing was visible. I just sourced replacement bearings front and rear 2 sets. For upcoming plans.

All AC parts are also due for updates and will be replaced too, and hoses. Should be good for another good while and ready to go.

Going to also replace the valve body assembly in the transmission and head studs as soon as funds permit and lockers front and rear.
Having a very hard time choosing what lockers to use but believe that a Torsten rear should be perfect and not reduce the trucks ability or capacity without additional components or in the event of failures, like the compressor. The front I am thinking may get a true selectable ARB.

Been many places already and looking forward to seeing where else we can go with some improvements I’ve been wanting forever.

sapper

Adventurer
Also replacing all the shocks and steering components, ball joints and joints with new. It’s taking me forever and I have had to overcome some challenges I had not anticipated but I am slowly getting it all done.

I strongly recommend any one who does their own work purchase a tool to keep in your vehicle. Great even with basic hand tools.

OEMTOOLS 24548 Intermediate... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07C7YTJB7?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Attachments

• E1FA70EA-7EDC-49BC-A74E-16C707BD29BA.jpeg
    E1FA70EA-7EDC-49BC-A74E-16C707BD29BA.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

sapper

Adventurer
Also planning to replace all the break hoses, calipers and rotors with upgraded coated slotted rotors and upgraded pads with reman calipers coated for corrosion prevention. We are moving East again and preparing for the salt I hope to escape as much as from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste