Conqueror owners ? want parts reply here

Honu

lost on the mainland
OK seems got a good person to work with in South Africa in after sales ?
Gerhard aftersales@conqueror.co.za is the person
he PM me on the South Africa site
no clue what stuff is going to run to ship etc.. but anyone have anything they are curious about besides the water fill caps ?

I know I wanted some curtains and wheel bearings and asked about a few others will post up what I find

just curious if others are wanting anything specific ?
would be good if we all wanted something to try to get a order together and ship to a central location ?

Last edited:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I am in on (so far ... let me do some digging!)

Water Caps (just in case)
Wheel Bearings
(get me price please) on Side Curtains!

I am off to dig around on their site to see what else!
D

Honu

lost on the mainland
still waiting on wheel bearing prices :)

but here is a spreadsheet price list for the conqueror he sent me

the side curtains seem to be in 4M lengths so we need 5 to use the large canvas
about $156 per panel so about $780 total

also hope not to bug him to much :) but waiting back on will the kitchen awning work they have now that is about $212
this was a pic of the kitchen awning but I dont know how it attaches
attachment.php

spreadsheet has everything else though

I would like to get the complete curtain set and the kitchen awning and more wolfpacks and the frame for the kitchen side
along with the spare wheel braai ! those are super cool I think

Attachments

• Conquest 29Jan 2010.xls
    155 KB · Views: 29
  • attachment-1.jpeg
    attachment-1.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 404

XJBANKER

Explorer
I would like a water cap and am very interested to hear if the kitchen awning will work and how much it is.

I do not see the link for the spread sheet.

Honu

lost on the mainland
attached file is just below the attached pic of the kitchen awning
its $212 but shipping is whats going to be a killer :) and not received word if it will work with our tents or the newer ones have zippers there or ???

Chad

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
The Kitchen awning looks simple enough to have made at a canvas shop; just a square with zipper on one end and two grommets on the other.
Handy though.

We've been doing this when the big-top isn't deployed:

100_3054.jpg

100_3051-1.jpg

011.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
yeah I do that with my flap :)
going to put some boat poles on it the kind that hook in like a bimini then pin mounts on the trailer itself that way it will be up on the trailer ? will post it when I am done :)

true about making your own like I did with the shade cloth and works nice

the kitchen awning is pretty big though width of tent and about 6 feet on each side like a huge triangle with the tip cut off and attached to the tent

Honu

lost on the mainland
What is the spare tire braai?

its basically a fire ring cook grate with adjustable legs that fits over the spare tire and has a cover
its pretty cool and sure someone can make them that can weld :) me I dont weld I see a lot of South Africans have them and a perfect place for a dirty fire grate on the outside of the rig tucked away to not stick out etc..

thought about finding someone that can weld here and have one made up out of stainless or something then use a bolt on replaceable top grate

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
its basically a fire ring cook grate with adjustable legs that fits over the spare tire and has a cover

I've been wondering what that thing was! I thought it was a strange looking spare tire holder! :)

XJBANKER

Explorer
its pretty cool and sure someone can make them that can weld :) me I dont weld I see a lot of South Africans have them and a perfect place for a dirty fire grate on the outside of the rig tucked away to not stick out etc..

thought about finding someone that can weld here and have one made up out of stainless or something then use a bolt on replaceable top grate

I've been wondering what that thing was! I thought it was a strange looking spare tire holder! :)

That's what I thought. Good idea though. Anyone have pictures of them. I have access to a welder and might be able to come up with something depending on how complicated it is.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I got this shot off some site ? from reading it was not a conquest one but one he made ! I have also seen these made where the legs can adjust up and down but gets you and idea
I think the conqueror have 3 legs and are a bit dif might go on the SA forum and ask for some pics :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF6144.JPG
    DSCF6144.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 170

Honu

lost on the mainland
OK lets keep are eyes peeled here and hope to see some :)

I do know I wondered about making a firepit base that would be large enough to go over the rear wheel and be able to pack down a screen and the legs etc. on the inside somehow ? or the screen could fit on the outside of it and it wold basically look like a tire cover but made out of metal that way in those areas you cant use a ground fire you are set :)

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php?p=512890

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online