shansen M101 build

Randall Haynes

M101 on the way home after Elk Hunting

Scott,

Here is the M101 coming back from 3rd season Elk Hunt with easily 900 lbs of cargo on 33x10.5 BFG All Terrains.

Randall

Attachments

• IMG_0868.jpg
    IMG_0868.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 204

shansen

Observer
Running a heater out of the tongue box? :sombrero:

Yes, it is one of those Zodi Hot Vent II heaters. I use a bulk propane tank that sits underneath the trailer with the hose running to both inlets on the Hot Vent, the fan was ran off of a small AGM battery but will now be re-wired to my auxiliary battery on the truck through the trailer wiring. I riveted a aluminum bar across the top of the Hot Vent so that it suspends it in the tongue box. The heated air is pushed into the tent through one of the vent tubes, air is then pulled from the other side of the tent and recirculated through the heater (so it is heating warm air instead of cold outside air. The tent has vents, and I typically crack one of the window flaps to regulate the temp a bit more. It works really well. We don't use sleeping bags in the tent, just a few fleece liners, a down comforter and a fleece blanket. The blankets keep us warm enough without the heater anyway but it is sure nice to change in warmer air temperatures.

shansen

Observer
To all that are interested in the lid, below is the contact info for Marshall, the guy who did the fabrication. His shop has been busy, so I am still not sure on timing for these, but give him a ring or send an email to see what he thinks. I do know that if he does put these together for resale, he would want to do them in batches so the more of you that express interest (and commitment) the more likely it will happen.

Here is his info -

Marshall Haglund
Utah Wood and Iron / Utah Powdercoating
801-425-2440
utahwoodandiron.com

Woods

Explorer
Did you try to get a quote from the guy who made it? There's a post in here, somewhere, with contact info.

Make it worth my while and I can get a lid done for you. Check this thread here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...id-truss-design-ideas-Looking-for-feedback-ii

I know this thread is ded, but I couldnt help myself... that lid is fan freaking tastic. I have searched high and low and have not had any luck finding anything similar or a shop that could or would build one for my M101A2 which is bigger 101x71.

The only thing I found was this place: http://alum-line.com/uploads/PDF_File_5445944.pdf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke