First Trip report: Colorado and Utah trip

tsage

Thanks for the kind words. The trip took us 9 days. We covered 3500 miles and were driving for just over 78 hours (according to GPS)

As for my jeep:
2006 LJ Rubicon 6 speed
285/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs
JKS BL and MML
2 inch BB
Warn Winch w/ rope
Powertank CO2 setup (w/spare cylinder)
Garmin GPS

here is a build thread on jeepforum that shows some of the other rigs I had before this one
]
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/tube-yjs-06-rubicon-unlimited-build-976439/

njjeepthing

Explorer
Thanks for the kind words. The trip took us 9 days. We covered 3500 miles and were driving for just over 78 hours (according to GPS)

As for my jeep:
2006 LJ Rubicon 6 speed
285/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs
JKS BL and MML
2 inch BB
Warn Winch w/ rope
Powertank CO2 setup (w/spare cylinder)
Garmin GPS

here is a build thread on jeepforum that shows some of the other rigs I had before this one
]
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/tube-yjs-06-rubicon-unlimited-build-976439/

Thanks for the info, great looking Jeep, here is my old 06 LJ, boy do I miss that one.
n659734258_1035269_5191.jpg

Would love to find another one.

JakeMate

Adventurer
It's trip reports and pictures like these that often inspire me to get out. Thank you so much for sharing. Great report and pictures.

trust

Adventurer
very nice! I'm surprised you got over Pearl this early in the year, it took me until almost August to find it open several years ago. Alpine loop area got loads of snow this year but I know they try to plow those pretty early, sure looks like they moved a lot of snow!

Nice trip, nice Jeep, I need to get out more!

tsage

How do you like that tent (looks like the REI Hobitat 4)?

Yes, it is the Hobitat 4 with the add on Vestibule. We loved it, and I was very happy with it. The flat sides do pick up a little bit of wind though, but it is not a bad trade off for the interior space.
IMG_2953.jpg

Last edited:

tsage

Great trip pics! How did your Duratracs treat you? Nice looking Jeep BTW.

The Duratracs were great, we got to run them through pretty much every possible terrain and I was never let down. We ht, Snow, mud, rock, and even some sand. The tires worked perfect.

tsage

very nice! I'm surprised you got over Pearl this early in the year, it took me until almost August to find it open several years ago. Alpine loop area got loads of snow this year but I know they try to plow those pretty early, sure looks like they moved a lot of snow!

Nice trip, nice Jeep, I need to get out more!

Sorry, I was not clear on that, We did turn around on Pearl, we could have gone farther, but the time was killing us. Again I am not experienced in the snow, so that was also a factor. We made it through a good amount of snow but it was just to slow going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles