ARB transit bag

eleblanc

Adventurer
Are the velcros that you stick on the fridge suppose to work well? I took all the velcro off and glued them at all the appropriate places. I then waited half a hour and installed the transit bag. Next morning, all without exception were unglued from the fridge, except the one for the top cover. Whats up with that?

targa88

Explorer
Mine are holding strong after two years (older version MT45) - through lots of dust and bouncing around off road.
Made sure it was a clean surface before they were applied the first time.
You might want to contact ARB USA

go4aryd

Adventurer
um, I am not sure which transit cover you are referring to, since there are three ARB transit covers; old 45 style, new 50qt style, and new 50 qt style neoprene.

Would also be helpful to know where you are located, recent temperatures, humidity, etc.

ryguy

Adventurer
Ive got the neoprene model and replaced the velcro adhesive after experiencing the same problem. My wife bought it at a local craft store.

fubuki

Observer
Call ARB about a replacement velcro. I had the same problem and they admitted the bags shipped with the wrong kind of velcro. The sent me a roll of new velcro and I got it last week. Haven't installed it yet though, so no I don't know if it fixed the problem. Plan to install this w/e.

eleblanc

Adventurer
I have the new model. I'm in Montreal, yes humidity is high over here between 80 and 100. But It is in the house with a/c

I ve reglued all of them without installing the bag I will wait until to tomorrow and install the bag again

tropics

Same problem, new 50qt and the new neoprene cover. I even cleaned the areas before applying the velcro with alcohol but the plastic is still kind of slick so the velcro pulled up. Humidity probably in the 80's. Luckily the neoprene cover is pretty snug still even without the velcro. Havnt decided if it bugs me enough yet to do something about it. I do however love the refrig!!

STREGA

Explorer
velcro issues

I have one of the first of the new ARB fridges and had no problems with the velcro sticking, I did clean the surfaces good before installing the velcro. Last week I was down at Proffitts Cruiser and they were putting on the velcro and It did not stick either, they had cleaned the surfaces also prior to appling the velcro.

eleblanc

Adventurer
Did the old one were steel?

Muist be plastic thing...

I have one of the first of the new ARB fridges and had no problems with the velcro sticking, I did clean the surfaces good before installing the velcro. Last week I was down at Proffitts Cruiser and they were putting on the velcro and It did not stick either, they had cleaned the surfaces also prior to appling the velcro.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I had the same problem with the velcro on my new ARB transit bag - did not stick despite a thorough prep.

Called ARB tech support; they said they had a bad batch of velcro adhesive that went out with their transit bags. Call them - they replaced it straight away and sent me a new velcro strip with the correct adhesive through the mail.

Now it sticks well and the transit bag is nice and snug all around the fridge - you could bounce a quarter off of it!

If you don't have the time for that, re-prep the contact surface and apply contact adhesive to the back of the old velcro.

Good luck!

tropics

Had the same problem with the less than sticky velcro adhesive, Just emailed ARB Tech support and got a quick reply from Marc that a new Velcro kit is being sent out to me. Thanks ARB USA for the great customer service!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz