unURBAN Adventures - Alaska to Argentina to AFRICA!

coax

Adventurer
Great adventure! I've been following from nearly the begining, and must say this is a great read. Tons of wonderful information and inspiration when I get around to doing my trip down there! Really appreciate you taking the time and effort to post up. I know how time consuming trip reports (let alone 55 pages of them) take. Hope you are staying warm!

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
So, yes, we are packing our stuff and sending it to Cape Town in South Africa, and the plan is to drive home!

E&M

That is epic and inspires me even more! I have been dreaming about driving across Africa since I was a child.

And hey...why not add the Middle East, Russia and Asia to the list! ;)

MrGrimm

Mall Crawler
Great trip report! I spent the better part of last night just going through the first few pages. Maybe in 7 years when I retire from this gun club, I could do the same trip!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
While they are at it in their revolution, maybe Egypt could review the Carnet de Passage deposit process...

It's 3 times the value for North Americans, but Europeans have more options. Some AAA club have a deposit/guarantee system where you don't have to actually give 300% the value of your vehicle. And there is other ways too...

When we crossed with our Land Cruiser, we were with 4 BMW motorcycles (German/South African) and the guys only paid a fraction of the values of their bikes to get their carnet.

As for us, our Carnet was not "officially" covering Egypt, but the custom agent was too drunk to see the difference.

you can read more here (sorry for the hijack)

http://2aroundtheworld.com/?p=378

701181586_khhPF-L.jpg

701181600_ywFRE-L.jpg

701181620_SE7bR-L.jpg

701183195_W3suM-L.jpg

bobDog

Expedition Leader
I know you guys have little web access....hope you're have a great time cooking, washing and exploring a very different and I imagine amazing place.
I'll be thrilled to hear how it was and watching for signs of the next trip.
Happy New year!:coffeedrink:

timaus13

Observer
Words are not enough

Words are not enough you two have done an amazing trip and I must agree with everyone else. Fabulous, Marvelous, awsum, amazing, Motivating.
Avery Big thankyou for taking the time to share this Tremendous trip with us all. The write ups and the photography are some of the best I have ever enjoyed.
Please write a book I will buy a copy for myself and another 4 copies for my friends and family.
Truly Inspirational. Three cheers two you both.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

joy

Observer
Patrols_139.JPGDSC_5708.jpg

Hi JP,

middle east is not so dangeruse as it sounds...I hear horror tails about south America as well...but it does not matter to me..I know things are never how they are shown on TV news...
You are all welcome to visit here (Israel, Jordan) for some of the most interesting places on earth, easy-to-go-anywhere off road adventures...
Joy208716_217743621575809_100000205185835_1051540_7527173_n.jpgPatrols_238.JPGPatrols_183.JPGPatrols_177.JPGPatrols_264.JPG

unURBAN

Adventurer
Back online!

Hey Everybody!

We're back online, which means the summer and the season in Antarctica has come to an end.

Thanks for all the comments, I'll try to get back and reply as soon as I get organized. There will be a couple of days working for ALE still, and then we'll try to give you an update with pictures and posts. Life and action on a base in Antarctica has been interesting and pretty amazing.

I also has a real treat for a blog to come about overland travel in Antarctica.... Life can certainly take a few surprising turns now and then... ;-)

More soon!!
E&M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste