aux. back up lights

leverett

Observer
i just got a set of acp lights and am planing on useing them as aux. backup lights and mabye camp lights if i can mount them high enough where do yall have your aux .back up lights mounted

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Mine are mounted on an extendible painters pole which is in turn mounted to my tire carrier. I should try and get a picture. Works out pretty well.

YJake

Adventurer
I mounted rear facing driving lights to my existing stock pod tail lights. They work great both for lighting up a campsite and tailgaters. :coffeedrink:

Not sure that I have pictures...

-Jake

offroad_nomad

Adventurer
I have a set facing to the rear mounted to my roof rack:

DSC05208.jpg

leverett

Observer
ya i was thinking about cuting holes in the back bumper but not sure yet and was thinking about mounting them abobe the back window to the top but then wouldnt have them when the top is off

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Mine are 55 watt Halogen "Navigator" lights on my rack

They are independant of the backup circuit

PICT0021.jpg

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

sapper

Adventurer
They don't fit in all bumpers but the standard 4.5" trailer light grommet and 4" headlight bulb fit perfectly in mine.

P6050783.jpg

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
ya i was thinking about cuting holes in the back bumper but not sure yet and was thinking about mounting them abobe the back window to the top but then wouldnt have them when the top is off

So what you should do is mount them up on the hard top. Then make a plug that you can easily unplug them when you take the top off. Then you put a second set on the rollbar using straps. When you take the top off loosen the straps and rotate them around to where they will work. Then plug them into the same place the hard top lights previously were plugged into.

When I mention rotating the lights, that could even mean so that they point out of the rear window of your soft top if you use one.

Just a thought.

Cheers

leverett

Observer
I don't have a roll bar. The only reason I'm putting lights on the back is beacuse I got them for free but I think I'm going to buy a set that fits between the rear bumper and tailgate

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
They don't fit in all bumpers but the standard 4.5" trailer light grommet and 4" headlight bulb fit perfectly in mine.

Shoot, you're kidding?! That's almost the type of setup I wanted to do. I couldn't find decent reverse lights from a trailer shop. I ended up just using crappy oblong whites. All they are good for is signalling reverse. If I want to actually see, I have to use my work lights. Another part of my problem was I fit them into a 2x4 steel beam which is my tire carrier. So 4" would be too big anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles