C5500 TopKick 4x4 Crew Cab Build

Updates

As it always does, Summer will soon conclude and all the kids will be back at school, so we are all looking forward to updates on your month long trip and other times you have used this awesome combo.

NeverEnough

Adventurer
As it always does, Summer will soon conclude and all the kids will be back at school, so we are all looking forward to updates on your month long trip and other times you have used this awesome combo.

I wish it was a full month, but we did manage 16 days, which is a record for me (sad but true). I put new tires on the truck, had it serviced, loaded up the kayaks, mountain bikes, climbing gear, fly rods and headed north. We paddled the Greys, Snake, Gallitan, Flathead, Kananaskis, and Athabasca rivers, and had some great biking, hiking, fishing, and climbing from Idaho to Jasper, Alberta. A lot of smoke from the fires, but it was still beautiful. We finished off with the eclipse at the top of Union Peak at the north end of the Wind River mountains in Wyoming. The truck and camper performed perfectly. I love western Canada and the culture of kindness that is omnipresent. My youngest put together a little video of some of the sights from the trip, linked below.

A
RVatAthabasca.jpg

https://youtu.be/ah8YzLCsJ1o

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
That was an extremely impressive video. Camera work, editing, pacing. A+, 5 stars.

LoRoad

Adventurer
Everyone is born with talents meant to be shared with the rest of the human race - talents which make all of us better. That he has found his talent at such a young age, is remarkable and wonderful, he has such a fantastic future ahead of him. And it will make the world a better place... please young sir, continue!

Impressive Video

If I did not know any better, I thought I was watching an Alberta Tourism video. Extremely well done and great drone flying shots! That young man is going to do quite well with that ability. Must have some good parenting!

NeverEnough

Adventurer
Everyone is born with talents meant to be shared with the rest of the human race - talents which make all of us better. That he has found his talent at such a young age, is remarkable and wonderful, he has such a fantastic future ahead of him. And it will make the world a better place... please young sir, continue!

Coming from you, that means a lot!

NorthwestNorthernOntario said:
If I did not know any better, I thought I was watching an Alberta Tourism video. Extremely well done and great drone flying shots! That young man is going to do quite well with that ability. Must have some good parenting!

Thanks, and his mom gets all the parenting credit for sure!

And thanks to all for checking out his work, the more views the better for a young YouTuber!

Fierokid

I saw this driving around Saturday on mirror lake highway, somewhere between Wyoming and kamas.. That thing is big flying past a minivan.. Is it still yours or have you moved to a new project? Found any issues with it yet, or things you wish you did differently?

NeverEnough

Adventurer
Still mine, still a great rig for family trips. It's a one-off, so there's always something needing maintenance or tweaking, and my Norcold 1095 fridge cooling unit just failed and needed to be replaced. But it's way more reliable than any of the RVs I've owned over the years. Lots I would've done different but that list is too long for a quick post-except 1- I should've kept it 3" shorter. Almost impossible to find a self serve car wash that can accommodate!

Christian

Adventurer
Hi!

Just re-read the entire thread for the third time, it took a week...
Still an amazing build and log, with excellent info, thanks!

Are you still using it, or have you moved forward on your new designs?

Any update on long term use of different components and durability would be highly appreciated, like did the brush seals hold up? are the slides still as good? all your thoughts on cabinet doors, are you still satisfied with your choices? what is your biggest mistake or regret in your design?

Thanks again for sharing your adventure in both build and use!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles